Question about lowered pro and rough roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about lowered pro and rough roads

Hey guys and gals, got a question for you, I have a 99 ES with Eibach prokit springs, and kyb struts, I run Dunlop Sp 5000s in 205 50 15s in a z rating with asymetrical tread. My question concerns rough roads I live in NW Ohio and the roads are horrible, potholes cracks very uneven joints etc. anyway I worry about the shock and jolt to other parts of the car due to the stiffened lowered suspension, I try my best to avoid the ones I can, and go as slow as possible when I can but sometimes you just cant, is there anything I should worry about or routinely check? I adjust tire pressure often as it seems that I knock the s*&$! out of them. Also I seem to go through a lot of headlight bulbs and I wonder if the jolts break them, I run the Catz zeta system so it could just be they burn out quicker. Thanks for any info

Nik
    99 ES 5 spd
    AEM SRI, 2.25 custom SS catback
    AWR header (on order)
    Magnecor 8.5 mm wires with Denso Iridium plugs
    Optima redtop
    Eibach prokit, KYB struts, Powerstop slotted rotors, and EBC greenstuff pads
    B&M short shifter

hmm, intresting question

the bulbs, i guess you already do, but just make sure you don't touch them
    the once that burnt out once was a bad quality, but the rest that i use (phillips), are top notch, and i go alot over pot holes and what not in the city thus, i am happy with them.

well, if you are on the 15's, you should be fine i guess. aren't those that came with the car itself? I think so, because it is the ES.

just, every 6-8 months if you go over a lot of potholes like i do, just make sure the alignment is ok, because then it will mess your tire tread and then the tire will wear out unevenly.

and just keep what you are doing
    there is nothing much i can think of that you can do.
    i just try to avoid the whole road altogether, but sometimes, you can't, so.....

seems you have a good setup
    drilled rotors
    the springs
    the exhast

any chance for some pics?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the info, Id be glad to post some pics but she looks pretty stock, thats the look I want total sleeper but with just a little different something to those who have the eyes to see it, Ill post some pics just a cople of the outside but maybe some more of the engine bay, Ill definetly post some pics once I have the header installed, again thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X