My DX Will Soon Be No More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DX Will Soon Be No More

No I am not selling it or anything like that...don't worry. Although this last month I have looked around for a new car. The Protege has been pissing me off to no end lately. I am going through the process of upgrading it a bit. I got tired of having a car so hooked up but yet still having to crank the windows. Kind of embarassing when someone pulls up beside you and wants you to roll down the window. I bought some power window motors off a MP3, hopefully they will go in with not much hassle. Witchdoktor hooked me up with a guy who got me a guage cluster with a tach. Why Mazda decided to put a cluster in a car without a tach is beyond my understanding. And as soon as I can I will grab some power door locks from a junkyard. Maybe now I won't catch so much **** from passengers.

so in other words you will be upgrading to an LX or even better
    a suped up ES!!

sweet man
    hope it isn't much of a hassle to put those motors/units in

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

I wonder how hard the cluster is to swap out. Wiring harness same? I do wish I had a tach in my DX, but I can do without the PW, PDL, PM etc. More to break and more weight, but I never have passengers anyway. Lucky me.
      2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
      I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
        so in other words you will be upgrading to an LX or even better
        a suped up ES!!

sweet man
        hope it isn't much of a hassle to put those motors/units in
        Yeah hopefully it won't be too tough. But this car will be even more than just a suped up ES, leather, power everything, and boost. A deadly combination.

Comment

Originally posted by HstockDXer
          I wonder how hard the cluster is to swap out. Wiring harness same? I do wish I had a tach in my DX, but I can do without the PW, PDL, PM etc. More to break and more weight, but I never have passengers anyway. Lucky me.
          I have heard so many different variations of the cluster swap. Some claim it is plug and play (which I seriously doubt) and some claim that the wire is already there and you just have to wire in a relay of sorts. But either way I will put this controversy to end, so hopefully people don't have to guess like I have.

Comment

Greg, you scared me for a minute there. I though you had gotten in a wreck or something. Congrats.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

yeah man freaked me out, well goodluck with the windws and locks, it prolly gonna be a biach, but not too bad. have you started to buy the turbo stuff yet???
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                I got tired of having a car so hooked up but yet still having to crank the windows. Kind of embarassing when someone pulls up beside you and wants you to roll down the window.
                That is like my old Eclipse with manual window cranks! I had the works in it, but not only did it have manual windows, but it was a bitch to roll up and down. The driver's side window would get out of alignment and whenever it rained, water would trickle on my left leg. Thank God for power windows!
                2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                Groundkit

Comment

the cluster shouldnt be hard at all, i think the wire is there, it just needs to be wired up ... that will be alot better greg, cranking up a window is a lil embarassing
                  boost happy

Comment

Well the worst is when someone pulls up beside me when I have the windows up. This happens all the time. They want to talk to me so they motion for me to roll down the windows so I have to lean over and start cranking.

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                      yeah man freaked me out, well goodluck with the windws and locks, it prolly gonna be a biach, but not too bad. have you started to buy the turbo stuff yet???
                      Still haven't bought anything yet. I am checking out all my options. I added up the approximate cost I have left and it is about $2100. Still debating on the fuel management situation.

Comment

yea please let us know how hard i is to install the cluster i really want a tach and i dont want to get a pillar just for a tach

Comment

Originally posted by HstockDXer
                          i can understand more breaking stuff... but weight? seriously i was holding a lock actuator the other day for my friends ranger... it weighed MAYBE 1/4 pound..... stuff isnt that heavy... i say 5 pounds at the absolute max for everything.... but will most likely be like 3....

if he was worried about adding weight... then he should get rid of like the 300 lbs of a system he has... ok maybe not 300 but still.

Comment

I think the day the sub box went in, slight weight gains no longer became an issue.

Comment

heh,, I have manual windows in the Protege ...
                              I hate when people pull up on my passenger side lol.
                              but oh well I will have turbo .. that should make up for it.

btw, pro2k check ur pms
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X