Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rims getting mouinted soon! Alignment Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims getting mouinted soon! Alignment Needed?

The Time Has Come...

Sigh... Finally!!!! the rims I bought back in September are finally gettin mounted... Thanks tha Lawd!!! This weekend after finals!!! Its been worth it...

I did have a question though guys:
    How long should I wait after I put my rims on to get an alignment?

Not sure if I need one, but I haven't had one since last April... I don't notice any pull towards any one way when I'm driving, but I figured it would be time for one anyway. I just dont know if I need to break the wheels in first or what? I'm supposed to be driving to Columbus the weekend after next, and I didnt know if I should get it done at the time of mounting, or just wait til I get there... Meh, All advice will be taken into account... Later Fellas (and Beautiful Protege Ladies)...

MeeN
    Attached Files
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

From my own personal experience I have never had trouble with alignment after new wheels and tires. Now suspension work is a different story. But I say the best thing to do is get them mounted without an alignment, see if it pulls. If it does than go ahead and get it aligned.

Comment

nah, new rims won't mess with your alignment; they will just magnify whatever the settings are already, but even then, not by much. just make sure to take pics and post when they are mounted
      Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
        nah, new rims won't mess with your alignment; they will just magnify whatever the settings are already, but even then, not by much. just make sure to take pics and post when they are mounted
        J, Oh Im a picture whore... You better know I'm gonna take some pics this weekend... he he you disappeared for a while from the forum... good to see your back... Anyway... I can't wait!!! Sad thing is I probably wont lower the beast... eh... we will see the outcome.. Peace

Oh yeah... I know back a while ago you were considering lowering your 94... What was the outcome??? are u still gonna do it?

MeeN

'94 Protege's Own tha World... Take it in stride... and let it set in...
        Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 03-18-2004, 10:22 PM.

Comment

yea i definately will. and i haven't been away, i just have been more quiet. mostly i've been just reading what everyone else has been sayin.

as for my springs, i'm about to move to new hampshire at the end of july 'cause my wife is goin to law school at franklin pierce. money is kinda tight right now, even for a few hundred bucks . . . especially since my right cv boot just went raw on me.
          Tag Team

Comment

I see... Money is tight for me now too... Lowering the car "correctly" isn't going to happen anytime soon. Pictures will be up soon... I'll just post them in this thread... errr the photo thread?... whatever...

Meen

Comment

yeah man post photo's when you get a chance bro.

shoot I hear ya on money being tight..
              I just tend to sell **** on ebay when I can to make some extra cash..

Also keep a sharp eye on ebay and you can score some good deals.
              I scored a set of Ground Control Coilovers 6-months old for 130 .. shipped
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

man i saw some GC springs on ebay for like 60 bucks shipped a few weeks ago. didn't buy it for a few reasons, one of which was that a bunch of the other guys on this board don't have much nice things to say about GC products. how do you like your coilover?
                Tag Team

Comment

Hey what size rims are you talkin bout not needing a alignment , I kinda of thinkin about 205 40 17s and know I am gonna need an alignment.
                  Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Protege
                    Hey what size rims are you talkin bout not needing a alignment .
                    Any size wheels......
                    -------------------------
                    '91 LX
                    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Just got them put on tonight... Should I post them Here or in the pic section? They lookin real nice... only ****ty thing is the pics are in the rain.. and its kinda dark... Be Back in a few hours after I get back from the store...
                      Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 03-20-2004, 04:05 PM.

Comment

i don't see why posting it here would be a problem; but just to be safe, start a thread in photo/video and link back to this thread so ppl know what's goin on.
                        Tag Team

Comment

There is the link to the pics in the photo/video gallery... Enjoy!!! Now to change the sig!

Comment

Working...
                          X