Removing the heater control unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the heater control unit

Okay.... so the light behind my heater control panel in the middle of my dash finally burned out. While it's not that big of a deal, it bugs the crap out of me at night because I can't see those controls and have to guess at where the knobs are set and I end up turning on my dome light to see them in order to change any settings.

Can somebody tell me the easiest way to change that itty bitty little light bulb back there? The easiest, cheapest way without me destroying my dash trying to do it? Dash-surgeon I'm not. I'm a hack. I don't want to damage anything.

Thanks.

Nurse...screwdriver....needle nose...swab my forehead.....grab me a beer....how is the patient doing...2 units of blood stat! oh no...that's my finger bleeding..I need a Charlie Brown Band Aid. lol Sorry Larry. Not too tough of an operation. Take off the panel surround to get to the 2 screws that hold the panel in and then the 3 cables under the dash.

Comment

Nice. I'll dink with it soon, hopefully. Got sooo many things going. I need to retire and get me a huge workshop with about 8 car bays and a couple of lifts.

Comment

Be sure to note the exact path of the 3 cables through the collection of hoses and such in the dash. They work purely on the basis of distance between the levers they connect to at both ends so if you place them back via a slightly different path (i.e. under a hose rather than over a hose) the control will not work properly.

Comment

Working...
        X