Where to put shock sensor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to put shock sensor??

Well, as the title says, were would be the best place to install my shock sesor for my new alarm??? thx.

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Originally posted by protegebob
    Well, as the title says, were would be the best place to install my shock sesor for my new alarm??? thx.

mine is part of the alarm brain, so i just secured it very well under the dash. i've heard of securing it to the brake pedal arm.

Comment

for a wile i had my shock sensor ziptied to my steering column but that didnt sence ****...
      so i zip tied it to 1 of the big clusters of wires under my dash and now when the wind blows hard enough the warning beeps go off lol......
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Actually, the steering collum is the MOST common place to put it. I've put sensors there for over 10 years and they've always worked well. Depends on the sensor too tho, as some work really well attached directly to a solid metal piece, while others work well just zip tied to an air duct.

I'd suggest the steering collom first, then an air duct then lastly a solid crossmember part or underdash structure.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
          Actually, the steering collum is the MOST common place to put it. I've put sensors there for over 10 years and they've always worked well. Depends on the sensor too tho, as some work really well attached directly to a solid metal piece, while others work well just zip tied to an air duct.

I'd suggest the steering collom first, then an air duct then lastly a solid crossmember part or underdash structure.

Id go with what he says! Darryl seems to be 1 of the most knowledgable peeple on this site!
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.