323 Trim Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 Trim Levels

I recently entered the VIN for my BF into a search engine online and it narrowed the models down to either the base hatchback or the SE hatchback.

How do I know for sure though?
    I mean what's the difference between the DX LX and SE?

Mine does not have any badges on it to determine what it could be. However before I painted it, the car had what looked like factory GT stickers by the front quarters, which I questioned because it is not Turboed.

Any Suggestions?

DX and SE will have the flat door cards and no bells and whistles on the DX. The SE could be found with remote hatch/truck release and gas door, C/C and maybe a sun roof. The LX from My experience was only found on the sedans which would have the molded door cards and could have P/W..not too common though... and the above goodies.... upgraded sound system, power mirrors as well and a cloth headliner..not the vinyl. Do you have a hatch or sedan? GT turbo sedans could have p/w and sunroof and of course the distinct Bride fabric on the seats. The GT seats are also found on the Mercury Tracers but with different fabric. The Tracer interiors will swap into the 323 easily...all bolt in except for the rear cargo panels on the hatches. This is all on USDM cars of course. Other markets had other options.

Comment

I have the 2 door hatch. Mine does have power mirrors, no power windows though. I have the hand-crank sunroof as well. I just have the cable hatch and gas door release. The head liner was cloth originally....I'm almost 99% sure. I customized the headliner myself not too long ago. By what you are saying, it looks like mine is just the base-model.

Comment

you have an SE

Comment

Ok thanks. At least now I know for sure

Comment

Like I mentioned in my description before... I had GT decals by my front fenders which I didn't understand because my car is non-turbo and SOHC. I just came across a couple of articles that said in the Canadian Market, some 88 323's were upgraded from the base model and given options like sun-roofs and power windows and the dealer actually placed the GT decals on the SOHC non-turbo, 2wd, 2 dr. hatchback 323's. Instead of the more common turbo sedans. So that actually describes mine exactly. I have also seen an 86 mazda 323 1.6i which actually was a 2wd hatchback with a B6t. Again though, Canadian Market

Comment

Working...
            X