BF Digital Instrument Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF Digital Instrument Cluster

I just recently bought a digital instrument cluster from a bf gtx. Before I start taking apart my dash I just want a couple questions answered.

I heard that for the gtx swap from an analog cluster to digital it is just plug and play, but is this the case with the 2wd model? Which is what I have.
    Am I going to need to mod anything to make the cluster work?

Any helpful responses?

I don't think there is any difference between 2wd and 4wd for this gig.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Great! Then there should be no big problems...I hope

Comment

Plug er in

Comment

Need advice with cluster

My digital cluster just came in yesterday all the way from Indonesia. I pulled out the old analog one on my lunch break today, took about 15 minutes.

plugged the digital one in and fired up the car... no tach, no speedo

the other things work like turn signals, highbeams, etc. and I'm 99% sure I plugged everything in correctly. The only reason I'm not 100% is because the plastic guides at the back of the cluster were broken off.

BUT I have no coolant temp or fuel level sensor lit up

So now I need feedback. I have a good feeling the LCD screen is damaged. Should I:

a) see if I can get the digital one fixed
          b) Buy another one(PM me if you have one to sell for the BF)
          c) stick the analog one back in and give up on the dream

Feel free to add your own

Comment

Sounds like you bought a bad one. They only plug in one way to work of course so make sure the plugs are lined up right. You don't really have to have the plastic guide pins. If it still does not work pm me, I have one that works I could sell.

Comment

I also have the digital cluster I put it in a 87 wagon all working but still not sure if I like it. What did you pay for yours if you don't mind my asking

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo323wagon View Post
                I also have the digital cluster I put it in a 87 wagon all working but still not sure if I like it. What did you pay for yours if you don't mind my asking
                The one from Indonesia $300 shipped if I recall correctly. I did end up buying another one after (from azgtx who was really helpful) which did work for a little while but then stopped. Not sure if it has been the cold weather. I ended up disassembling it, probably might just take it to have the circuits looked at when I get some cash. It did seem to be in good condition

Comment

Working...
                X