This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold air or short ram intake for 1.5l

I just bought a p5 red dx the other day and a guy on another forum suggested this forum.so i came here to ask if anyone knew where I can find an intake for the 1.5l, thanks a lot

Welcome to our forum. Are you saying you have a Protege5 DX? There is no such thing. Protege5 is just Protege5. And it has a 2.0L engine. But if you have just a 95-98 Protege DX, you can buy one from www.essentialspeed.com. Also, you can make your own, like and so many others did. Try using a SEARCH button, and see if you can come up with anything. Goodluck.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

yea sorry
      i meant regular protege..i tried to type in 95 but it came up as p5 sorry..and i looked on essential speed and they only have 1.8l ones

Comment

Originally posted by pro_fo_sho
        yea sorry
        i meant regular protege..i tried to type in 95 but it came up as p5 sorry..and i looked on essential speed and they only have 1.8l ones
        Oh, yeah. Sorry. You have to call them about 1.5L. My bad.
        But they do have it.

Comment

yes they have one cause i am the guy that had it made.. although mine was made for a auto tranny.. they do make them..
          98 Protege SE
          -------------------
          1.5L Turbo

Comment

mine is auto too..how much did you pay and is yours a cold air or short ram?

Comment

does anyone know a website that would tel me how to make a custom intake..or could you tell me yourself maybe pics if you have any and all the materials i will need.i want to make a short ram, not cold air because it is easier?lmk

Comment

Originally posted by pro_fo_sho
                does anyone know a website that would tel me how to make a custom intake..or could you tell me yourself maybe pics if you have any and all the materials i will need.i want to make a short ram, not cold air because it is easier?lmk
                I don't remember off the top of my head. But what I can recommend is for you to go to www.protegeclub.com, and do a search there. I think it has been mulled over there before. It really easy. I mean I made one out of two pipes. But with the gas prices not going down any time soon, I will put my stock intake back, and just go with K&N filter I have had before. You gotta be really careful with CAI, as you do want the water in the engine. If you get rust in there, you will end up spending money on either fixing it, or getting a new engine. I had my CEL come up once this year, indicating water inside, and causing to misfire, but it cleared and never came back on.

Comment

Yeah, its a cold air intake.. i can't honestly remember how much i paid.. if you email Kevin at Essentialspeed.. he'll tell you..

the engine bay is dirty i know.. i might have to unload that CAI cause of the turbo install...
                  98 Protege SE
                  -------------------
                  1.5L Turbo

Comment

do you want to sell it?if so how much send me an email to fulloboost@yahoo.com. Ill try emailing kevin thanks. I am wanting to build a short ram..what all do i need

Comment

hey i bought a cold air intake for my 95 1.5L from ebay and the website of the company i think it is cosmoracing.com and i paid like $135 with shiping

Comment

This thread is 2 years old.

$135 is too much to pay for an intake that doesn't fit unless you take your A/C condenser out. You can get an Integra CAI for $25 and made it fit.

Comment

Working...
                        X