Cat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat question

Ok so you guys have been saying how there are two cats and 4 O2 sensors on a 99 1.8L es 5-spd, i looked under the car and there is only one cat and one o2 sensor. so my question is cant I just cut out the cat and make a race pipe? the o2 sensor is before the cat so I seems like it would be ok, am I wrong?

yes you are wrong.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

My cat sleeps on the couch and eats Whiskas. Go figure...

Comment

can you tell me how I am wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
          can you tell me how I am wrong?
          better thank me for this
          Attached Files

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

well I do appreciate you taking the time to get this chart for me, but I looked under my car and thats not what it looks like, now I am all confused..... I'll get back to you on this one hehe

Comment

Originally posted by BMW ///MPOWER
              but I looked under my car and thats not what it looks like
              this from a guy that thinks 2nd gen RX-7 and Porsche 944 are related

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

well whatever i looked under my car and that didnt match up with what i had, you sure thats for a 99 1.8L 5-spd?

Comment

better take some pics and we can try to identify parts for you, since you have such hard time figuring it out.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

ok im not stupid, i know what all the parts look like. when i get a chance ill take some photos for you to show you.

Comment

ok i still havent had a chance to take some photos, can you explain to me why if the last O2 sensor is before the cat, why would i need the cat?

Comment

look at the picture again.

your car has TWO O2 sensors, one BEFORE and one AFTER the main cat (the big cylinder thing right below the exhaust manifold.)

I can't help you if you can't even identify parts on your car correctly.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Working...
                        X