Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard paint spots, Ding King, and Rust spot

Hi guys,

I have a 02 protege, beige interior. The dark brown part of the dash right behind the key hole has white spots on it, like paint is missing. I brought it to the dealer and they said they have to contact the district representative and all that. So i'm wondering if there is any paint for the dash that would come close to the original. I know that it'll never look perfect due to UV rays, but anything close?

Also, some idiot hit my door when they were opening theirs. Has anyone tried the ding king? I've been reading bout it, people say it works.

And one more....I have a spot of rust on the lip of the rear passengers side wheel well. I brought it to two dealers and they both said that that part has been painted before. I've never touched that car with paint before. I'm so pissed. So they checked the sales record and nothing came up. I'm still waiting to hear from the district rep. Anyways, any easy new way to fix that besides sanding it?
    2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
    2 MTX 6000's 10"
    MTX 4250D Amp
    Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
    B & M Short Shifter
    Kartboy Bushings
    Full Synthetic

i have used the ding king, it worked great on my friends POS suburban, but i had a hard time getting the dings out of my protege. It is very time consuming, as you may have to repeat the steps up to 10 times, and getting the hot glue off the car can be a bitch. it wont work on deep dings, and it wont work well if the dent is on a curved surface. As for your interior, try matching a shoe polish and apply it to the scratches, my friend redid his entire dash board and used shoe polish to color it, last a while as long as you dont touch it a lot, and it looks pretty good.

Comment

rust on an '02?!?!?

how the hell does that happen??? they must have scraped it to bear metal and driven in into a salt factory..

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by sunil6784
        And one more....I have a spot of rust on the lip of the rear passengers side wheel well. I brought it to two dealers and they both said that that part has been painted before. I've never touched that car with paint before. I'm so pissed. So they checked the sales record and nothing came up. I'm still waiting to hear from the district rep. Anyways, any easy new way to fix that besides sanding it?
        They wouldn't cover that under warranty or was it hit and the paint chipped before the rust started to form?
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

if you can get them to replace the dash do it, paint will look like ****, and as for the ding king, ive heard it workes good on round dings on flat metal, if you have a door ding its more like a crease and the king will not fix it.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

It's terrible. The part that bothers me the most is the rust. It might be a rock chip or something...but the part that really pisses me off is that they are saying that it was painted over. I have never touched that car w/ paint, and they checked the sales record and they said they never touched it. I took it to two dealers and both said that it was repainted. I wanna know why it was. I'm scheduling a meeting w/ the district rep on Apr. 7th. I dunno, i love my car, and it just hurts to see it like that. I might just try the ding king. The ding is right above the door handle on the drivers side. So it is on a little curve. 30 bucks tho, its better than giving it to a body shop to bang it out. Any ideas for the dash before i try the shoe polish?
            2002 Sea Breeze Green Protege LX

Pioneer 4600MP Head Unit
            2 MTX 6000's 10"
            MTX 4250D Amp
            Alpine Type S 6.5" Fronts
            B & M Short Shifter
            Kartboy Bushings
            Full Synthetic

Comment

Working...
            X