mirage vs. pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirage vs. pro

I definately thought I was done for. Me and this kid with this good looking mirage went for a run (twice - both with the same results) all he had was a fart cannon and rims. we ended up neck to neck until I hit 4th and left his nose at my passenger side door. I was surprised...but i kinda screwed up my car at the end. (Read in 1st gen. general discussion thread.)
    Thing is, I raced a lancer before and demolished it. Aren't lancers imporved versions of the mirage? Anyone know what those mirage things have for hp? its a '02, with all the power options and ****.
    all i have is intake and exhaust. miata cams and gtx is goin in next month baby.
    cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Aren't you the same guy who got banned after an arguement about why you were being "targeted" for speeding? And now you are talking about street racing. Whatever bud.

Comment

Mirage's are slow...lol. Watch out for the late 80s early 90s colts/mirages. Extreme sleepers right there. Lots of people swap the 46g3 from the DSM's into them, and they are QUICK!
      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by TaiMaiShuNow
        I definately thought I was done for. Me and this kid with this good looking mirage went for a run (twice - both with the same results) all he had was a fart cannon and rims. we ended up neck to neck until I hit 4th and left his nose at my passenger side door. I was surprised...but i kinda screwed up my car at the end. (Read in 1st gen. general discussion thread.)
        Thing is, I raced a lancer before and demolished it. Aren't lancers imporved versions of the mirage? Anyone know what those mirage things have for hp? its a '02, with all the power options and ****.
        all i have is intake and exhaust. miata cams and gtx is goin in next month baby.
        Lancers started out with 120HP. Even the "OZ Rally" was just emblems and rims and 120HP. Not to mention styling that leaves a lot to be desired. Looks like the guys who designed the back didn't talk to the guys who designed the front, who didn't talk to the guys who designed the sides, etc, etc. New this year is a "Ralli Art" which has 160HP. Then of course there are the Evolutions. In the road tests/comparisons I've read the Lancer is an also ran. It handles so-so, doesn't do anything particularly well, nor particularly poorly. The 120HP version was just a tick behind the Protege LX 2.0 in 0-60. I would assume the 160HP version would win, but you'd still have to look at it in your driveway every morning, which would require an airsick bag. I'm betting 1/2 of them you'll see on the road are Rental Car Company lease returns. My 2 cents worth.
        2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
        I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Yea i beat this kid with a new mirage a while back....he kinda got me on take off, but then i was saying bye bye to him........they suck.......lol........
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

the new oz rally edition lancers are slow , i know a kid that has one ... they run like a 20 in the 1/4 mile ... i raced him he is slower than my 3rd gen auto lx its pretty sad

Comment

if the mirage had a 2.0 badge on it, there decent fast(i hate using this word when talking about a 4 banger), when i bought the proto, the mitzu lot was right beside it and the 2.0 mirage was backed up to my protege. There sompin like 120 hp or somping, so they have a little pep.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

from what i hear, the gearbox in the lancers are junk...theres a kid that lives in my town with some sort of LSD and his is pretty...um fast for a 4 cylinder.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

a guy that goes to my school has a 14 second lancer its still ugly but its pretty quick
                  i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                    the new oz rally edition lancers are slow , i know a kid that has one ... they run like a 20 in the 1/4 mile ... i raced him he is slower than my 3rd gen auto lx its pretty sad
                    they can run mid 16's, i almost bought a bright yellow OZ rally so i lokked everything up. with intake and catback people have broken into 15's with them. The eclipse (which i bought instead) runs a 17.5-18 depending on the driver. even the toyota prius and the honda hybrid run under an 18. there is no car on the road running above an 18. (new car anyways)

i raced an 03 oz rally with a girl who was quite the good driver, and i beat her by about a foot. this was when my car was stock.
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

some dodge colts came with the 4g63 in them from the factory. i saw one in the junk yard. remember, mirage's are pretty light cars. the lancer is just the glorified version.
                      i hate being broke!

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                        Aren't you the same guy who got banned after an arguement about why you were being "targeted" for speeding? And now you are talking about street racing. Whatever bud.
                        hahaha
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                          hahaha
                          It's about time somebody picked up on my comment. I guess none of these guys ever had the "pleasure" of dealing with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            I wasn't banned for that reason. I was banned for "threatening" (?) someone. and i in particular wasn't "targeted" for speeding. typical people like me are. I never said I dont street race. and if thats your car in your signature and you're saying you don't either i'd say you have a rice mobile then.

cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

Originally posted by TaiMaiShuNow
                              I wasn't banned for that reason. I was banned for "threatening" (?) someone. and i in particular wasn't "targeted" for speeding. typical people like me are. I never said I dont street race. and if thats your car in your signature and you're saying you don't either i'd say you have a rice mobile then.

lets not get into a flame war. but street racing is dumb. we are all guilty of it once in a while. but dont whine when you have to accept the consaquneces
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X