name that sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

name that sound

screeching noise passenger wheel, only does it when driving forward and just as i start goin. doesnt do it in reverse. when i put it in neutral, i rolled in about 1 inch every second and it clicks. i get mixed sayings, axle, wheel bearing, or brake. but with the symptoms i described hopefully one of you has had the same problem and can straiten me out. oh yah, im not too lazy to find it, its just i cant work on my car in the community i live in. its f*ckin lame.
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

1.)ok if you apply the brakes and it makes that noice-

your brake system needs service rotors and pads

2.)if your turn your wheel and it clicks

need new axels your cv joint(s) are gone

3.) normal driving with squeal/squeek

wheel bearing

the wheelbearing will usally make a faint droaning noice if its on its way out, i think yours had ran out of lube and now is metal on metal, after awhile (if its your bearing) that droaning will get louder and louder, and it will be very noticible

hope this clears it up for ya
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

well it went away, must of just been something stuck. but its fine now.
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

of coarse!! damm thats simple!, you know what it was it was the dust shield on your wheel hub it gets bent and scufs the rotor, its happened to me twice
        No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
        X