Max hp on vj-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max hp on vj-20

whats the max hp for a vj-20 turbo on a n/a bp, standalone, large intercooler, 2.5" turbo back
    i think 220whp

thanks
    (i know theres many different things that would affect the max hp but just want an idea from someone who has maxed out there vj-20
    thasnks
    2006 VR Mazdaspeed6
    2004 VR MazdaSpeed Mx5

At 15 psi the vj20 usually pulls 205whp. I would say if you really tuned it, you could get 215whp. Since you have an n/a head, I would also say 220whp with exhaust, intercooler and some tuning.
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

i also have higher cr and a gtr intake manifold
      2006 VR Mazdaspeed6
      2004 VR MazdaSpeed Mx5

Comment

Lets just say, you'll pull hard. =)
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

I know it's kind of an oxy moron or whatever, but two of those little guys spooling on a bp would be interesting. Seems like they'd still spool up decently quick.
          I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

Would a GTX block, NA BP head and GTX intake manifold be a decent setup?

How much power and at what psi can you pull from a BPT without tuning?

Sorry for the n00b questions.

Comment

i say you do it and find out lol, it's really difficult to determine. There are so many different variables that effect projected hp.
              00 dakota 4x4
              90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

i realize that, i'm just wondering more of what a safe boost level is on the GTR BPT is w/o the SAFC and MSD unit. and don't say stock boost

Comment

lol dunno wish i did! I'm doing a haltech setup because i was fortunate to be hit with the funds, but I'm hearing people run 15lbs plus with an afc and msd.. james has a real nice setup, he can tell you much more than i
                  00 dakota 4x4
                  90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

i'll be holding off on the safc and msd in the beginning. who is this james you speak of? lol

i'm thinking 12psi max will be fine on pumpgas and just the GTX ecu running things.

Comment

ehhhhh, i dunno about 12 psi with out any piggy backs. James is limpgtx^^^^ lol

I'm looking to get more than 210whp with my vj20.. i think i can.. almost certain.
                      00 dakota 4x4
                      90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

what tuning are you doing to reach 210whp? i'm just looking for 200whp w/o having to throw on the apexi and msd unit. looks like i won't be seeing that though...

Comment

I'm gonna have the haltech ems and send it to a local shop w/a dyno
                          00 dakota 4x4
                          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Heres a graph of my 9.0:1 CR Bottom End with P&P N/A Head, N/A Cams, FMIC, 3" Exhaust, 450cc Injectors at 8.5psi.

Heres a link to the dyno comparison of my old setup at 20psi vs the FMIC setp at 13psi.. I do not recommend anyone run over 13psi on this poor turbo, I just did it for the sake of experimentation.

13 psi FMIC vs 20psi CrapMIC

Enjoy.
                            -Braden
                            '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

thanks turboge! i followed your haltech tuning on the msp very closely over on antione/enry's board.

Comment

Working...
                              X