Door electrical issue | doors won't "close"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door electrical issue | doors won't "close"

I have recently been having issues with my car not sensing that my doors are closed. I can have all the doors closed, and the interior lights stay on as if there was a door open. If I leave the keys in the ignition and close the door, the key reminder chime stays on. I've checked/removed all the door pins, but can't tell that any are bad. I went as far as to remove them one by one, then close the door with it removed to see if that did anything with no luck. I tryed removing the negative cable from the battery in hopes that it might reset something, but that didn't do anything either. Im at a loss, and it's driving me nuts. I took the bulbs out of the doors and turned the dome light to the off position so my battery won't die. That's just my temporary fix. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on this matter?

This happened when I installed my glass sunroof. I had all 4 doors open for about 2 hours or so. I don't know if having the doors open that long could have caused this in any way, but it never did it before now. Installing the sunroof involved the removal of the a, b, c pillars, the sun visors, mirror, dome light, headliner, and moonroof. I don't see how any of this could have caused an issue with my doors electrical system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

The only thing I can think of is if removing the dome light somehow messed up the wiring... or maybe removing one of the pillars pulled a wire loose somewhere.

Comment

yeah you might have a short somewhere, I would pull everything off and check all the wiring...

Comment

yea do what they said . . . u got pics of that new sunroof?
        Tag Team

Comment

chances are there is a wire shorting to ground from the sunroof install and most likely up in the headliner area. This will make the dome think the doorpin is always grounded and open, thus keeping the light on constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
            chances are there is a wire shorting to ground from the sunroof install and most likely up in the headliner area. This will make the dome think the doorpin is always grounded and open, thus keeping the light on constantly.
            You were right, it was a wire up in the headliner area. (man it's a major PITA to get that headliner off and on) The dome light wire got tightened down under one of the sunroof bolts, thus grounding it to the chassis. DOH!
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
              u got pics of that new sunroof?
              No, not yet. I will post some up within the next few days or so. It needs to be retinted now cause I just put a big ass scratch in the tint while taking the headliner off again! DAMMIT!
              I love my glass sunroof! I always wanted a glass one vs. the moonroof, but settled for what I had. Now Im happy.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
              X