ST sway bar question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST sway bar question.

As some of you may know, I installed an ST sway bar a few months ago. Since then, every time I make a turn or go over a bump stop the bar makes a popping sound. I've checked it numerous times and it seems to be installed perfectly fine. There is no movement anywhere. Could I have tightened the end links or frame mounts too much??? This has me worried because every time the frame of the car bends a little I hear that stupid noise...... Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Disconnect it from the endlinks and grab the end of the bar. Make sure that you can move (swivel) the end of the bar up and down. If you can't, then the frame mounts are too tight.
    Check the endlinks for signs of them hitting anything or the bushing missing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cortez
      Disconnect it from the endlinks and grab the end of the bar. Make sure that you can move (swivel) the end of the bar up and down. If you can't, then the frame mounts are too tight.
      Check the endlinks for signs of them hitting anything or the bushing missing, etc.
      I remember that during the install I could move it up and down (before end links were installed) but I might go ahead and try to re-install it to see if the noise dissapears. Thanks for the suggestions.
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

check the bar for scrathes and rubbing, it may be too tight up against the inside of the crossbeam.

Comment

hummm i just installed these a few week ago myself.

i have to run to the store, I might as well check for that nose some times i hear a bit of a knock my self.
          Koroma
          91 323BG-----------------------
          Intax springs,PRM Air Intake
          ST Swaybars, Front upperstrut bar, 15' Prime, Advanced Timing, 2.25 inch-Cat back, Flowmaster, Indiglo gauges, Custom Taillight config

Next Stage
          J-SPEC GTX kit,Brembo Brake Kit

Comment

Working...
          X