A24 Portfolio Input wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A24 Portfolio Input wanted

Ok basically Im a graphic artist and have this little site of mine thats my portfolio and wanted your guys' input... right now the site is at http://asylum24.net and it just has my resume.

Ive had 11 other designs that actually had work on them and then I hated version 11 so tore it down and now im workin on v12. so I was thinkin of making my own "design firm" lookin picture for my header on the site which would then also be in flash so its all interactive and whatnot... so heres the pic and tell me what you think... too dark, wrong colors, anything!

I just started on this last night (11 or so and its 245 am now) so its not he best in teh world and there is still alot of work left... basically on the 3 lcd's its just gonna have my logo flickering on them and some ambient music in the bg and it'll be my header and will include the navigation somehwere.. lol havent decided where yet though lol... anywhere here ya go:

I like it. What did you use? Bryce? 3DSMAX? Anyways...I think the lcd's should display navigation. Or...have your logo flash on the lcd's and when you move the mouse pointer over them, the navigation links appear. Colors are good. Maybe make the room a corner style room so that you get the feeling of the room wrapping around you. Or you can make the room curved. Other than that..good job.

I used to use 3dsmax a lot a few years ago. Not anymore. I think I would like to get back to it again.
    So Far: Silvania Silverstar H7 bulbs, Mazdaspeed axle-back, AEM intake, Autoexe replica grill, 6%/17%/35% Tint, B&M short shifter, H&R springs, Alpine CDA9807, Laser-blue calipers, Autometer A/F and Voltmeter gauges, dual pillar pod, Jpec Intake cam, Mazdaspeed Exhaust cam

Comment

3d studio max 4.2... I wanted to use Softimage XSI but my dongle(yes a dongle.. thats what the liscense hardware is called... it sticks out the back of the comp) is broken or something cuz it just wont read it... i think a pin on it is missing.

Comment

Yup..the hardware lock sux ass.
        So Far: Silvania Silverstar H7 bulbs, Mazdaspeed axle-back, AEM intake, Autoexe replica grill, 6%/17%/35% Tint, B&M short shifter, H&R springs, Alpine CDA9807, Laser-blue calipers, Autometer A/F and Voltmeter gauges, dual pillar pod, Jpec Intake cam, Mazdaspeed Exhaust cam

Comment

*Bump* :D

Comment

That is what I want to do, but every one keeps telling me not to because the money in it sucks. I love computers and took art classes back in high school. When I was in the physical therapist assistant program at a 2 year college, I was bored and doodled all the time in my notebooks. There is a two year college locally that offers computer art, but there are no jobs except in the following industries locally: Printing companies, Sign it Quick, Fast Signs, t shirts, and occasional newspaper has openings for a graphic artist.
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU MONEY SUCK!? Im in the proccess of geting a job at the WalMart HQ in the advertising dept. $16 an hour... prety good i think for an 18 year old who hasnt finished collge yet...

Of course it helps when you take the president of that dept's daughter to prom :D but I really didnt know that until like the 2nd time I went over to her house to meet the parents...

Comment

I think your skills are excellent, where did you learn 3ds ? I really want to get into it, but it just seems so complex! DId you go to a class or something ? I have a problem with reading a thousand page manual, I like hands on learning man.
                00 dakota 4x4
                90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

well I went to Sacramento for a week when i was 17 and took a 40 hour training session for Softimage XSI (software used for star wars, orignal platform software used by PIXAR) and learned it. After that 3d stuff makes more sense... I've only opened up the installation book and havent touched the other books... I do have a few books that I have goten to help with techniques but I've basically just learned 3DS with just trial and error...

Comment

wow thats amazing, you have some talent, I'm envious.
                    00 dakota 4x4
                    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

lol thanks man...means alot

Comment

I guess it depends on your geographical location. There is a technical college here that offers computer graphics degree (Associate's) and you learn every thing from a little bit of web design to designing games and even some in multimedia for the entertainment business (like special affects, etc.) My brother's old roommate got a degree at Clemson for commercial graphics, but he works upstate near the NC/SC border in a printing firm. I saw some of the stuff he had to do (projects and so forth) and it was very interesting! Hmmm!!

Groundkit

Comment

Well I was going to go to Tampa and go to the international academy of design and technology and actually got a scholarship but I still couldnt afford it so damn

Comment

UPDATE

Ok so its a small update here it is.

Worked on some textures and the modern looking metal pegboard things, and worked on the glass a little bit... adjusted the lighting and the reflections too but yea so here it is

Comment

there is a school in FL (damn, can't remember where, but it's near the Gulf of Mexico) and it is one kick ass school for those who are in to the **** like you and me. I am sure it is expensive, and I found them on the internet and received a catalog. The catalog was so kick ass with the pics and stuff, that I kept it and had it on my bookshelf. Funny, it disappeared! GRRR!!! Digital Fantasy Art is a book you can find at Books-A-Million or Barnes and Noble, and it shows all kind of cool computer arts and tells you what platform and software used to design them. It's another killer book to own even if you have friends come over and just want to look through a book at it's pictures. Man, I need to get back in to it. Today's paper had a lot of graphic artist jobs in the classifieds. I should have stuck with it when I first entered college in Fall of '92!! Now I am going to have to see about deferring student loans that I am paying now and get more loans upon returning. Any site or book suggestions greatly appreciated. I can suggest other books that I have that are fun to even just look through.

Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                              X