hmmm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm...

ive lost all motivation that i had to modify my car. i had lots of plans for my car and i wanted to do an engine swap but it just seems pointless. i dunno... going fast is fun, but it seems pointless now. i still like my car... mabey i should go for looks? i dunno. i guess i can save my money for something else now....

yea thats how i feel about the performance aspect of my car. cause no matter what, it's still goin to be as "fast" (aka "slow") as it is now. But i think my car is damn sexy, so im workin on that.
    Tag Team

Comment

Well dont exactley say there isnt a point to going fast. What would be the point going for looks, theres really no point in general to modify a car besides someones hobby. Some choose look, speed, and some go with the wing, flames, chrome hubcaps and some painted drums. I like to surprise other people, I like to go fast, I actually like knowing I have power and I like winning at the drag strip. That's why I chose to do my engine first. =)
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

I have felt like this before, but in the end I always say; "I love my car."

Now I have a GTX engine sitting in the garage waiting to go in.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Maybe it's due time to get a ride in a real sports car!
          That should jump start your feelings back into the performance mode!
          Pick something that runs at least 13.9 or faster.
          I like rotaries. Email me if you want.

Comment

Its all subjective...

Go for looks if you want to... Thanks what I'm doing... My car is a daily driver, and its a DX, So I'm using it for what its supposed to be, to get me from point A to Point B (I know I say this all the time) There is nothing wrong with putting some money into it for looks, your car deserves it!!! Ride Fly My Friend... Nothing Beats not going fast because your know ur slow... I especially like it when I pull up to a light and people think I want to race... ha ha ha, I just watch em screech their tires and look like dumb ass, last time it happened, I stared at the dude, took out my digi cam and snapped him... LOL

forgive me

Tis ya Boi,
            MeeN
            1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
            1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
            2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
            2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

actually winning at the track im asumeing you mean drag...has nothing to do with how fast your car is unless your going heads up.

I realy really want my car to be fast, but went looks first because, well, thats what I know. So far I have been able to do most of my aesthetic mods either very cheaply, or for free.....Maybe after I'm done re-painting it I'll trade somebody on here for a pro w/ a GTX or a KL-ZE in it haha...

If I had the money though, speed would have been right after droping it and adding rims....although I have swapped the SOHC for a DOHC (which was also FREE)...

Comment

Dude, don't give up hope. When I got my Protege 2 years ago, I dreamt of a GTR motor for my car. I eventually did exhaust, intake etc to my LX motor and once I got it looking nice....I got into an accident and lost most of my hard work. At that point I was so frustrated that I wanted nothing to do with the car. Well, I sat down and though about the good times I had in it and the friends I met both face ot face and here on the net because of my car and I got crackin. I went and ordered replacement parts and I now have my GTR motor plus some other goodies. It wasn't always easy and at one point I was working 2 jobs to pay things off but I worked hard to achieve my goal.

Anyway, the moral of the story is no matter how tough things got, I didn't give up and neither should you.
                1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                MODS:
                GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                TO DO LIST:
                EDM/JDM rear bumper
                EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                Repaint car

Comment

dood, the money thing always gets me down. plus the fact that the weather has suked in the midwest. after loosing my first car, it just felt like id never be able to tune ****. then i found this site. im still broke, but once the good weather comes, ill be cranking out fiberglass enclosures for extra moola. which means, mods, and bills. stay focused, and hang in there!
                  i hate being broke!

Comment

the money isnt really a problem. it just seems like too much trouble to go through for something that doesnt do much. i ment it seemed pointless to me. i never said that looks werent "pointless" just seems easier and better right now. you can see that its pretty... no one really knows youre fast. i want to get some rims, tint my windows and some othe little things this summer. i want a gt spoiler and a garnish to. mabey the fast part will come after its pretty, i dunno.
                    Last edited by dylan; 03-24-2004, 02:53 PM.

Comment

nowadays, i really enjoy driving that involves turns n stuff... i drive my friend's 3rd gen protege seein i dont got my 1st gen anymore and boy is it fun. i feel robbed with my corolla cuz i dont really care for speed anymore but the corolla cant handle!!$

>=[

i cant stress that enuf.. haha
                      womp

Comment

I'm gonna try and keep on point this time... sorry for before Dylan:

Ultimately do whatever your heart desires man...
                        1). When it comes down to it, It's your money... if it seems like a waste, consider cheaper mods... or just go for looks.
                        2). Regardless, Do whatever makes you happy...
                        3). Just know that all of us are here to support you, whatever you decide to to...

Whether Go or Show
                        Support from Club Pro.... Hoe...

MeeN
                        Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 03-24-2004, 07:36 PM.
                        1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                        1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                        2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                        2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

the engines available for the price is better than almost any other on the market.

consider that to swap a turbo B18b in a honda will cost you sooo much more than a GTX/R, and the BP has much more potential in stock form.

You have to decide do you like working on and tuning cars? If its a hobby that interests you then you have one of the best platform cars to start with. If you dont like the options for the pro/323, then go with another car that appeals to you.

All in all XxToKeSxX put it best..........

make yourself happy.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yeah, i think i want to go for looks and handling, mabey next year ill go for speed... got plenty of time unless my car dies lol (i dont think it will). but i like my car no matter what even if everything is breaking.

Comment

Working...
                            X