for nopi, GC or dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for nopi, GC or dvd

should i put in the dvd player or the gamecube for nopi? the gc doesn't really fit anywhere but on the floor in the backseat, but what do you think the judges will like better?
    a.k.a. benf000

support your local punk rock scene!

Re: for nopi, GC or dvd

Originally posted by benzero
    should i put in the dvd player or the gamecube for nopi? the gc doesn't really fit anywhere but on the floor in the backseat, but what do you think the judges will like better?
    Xbox would be ideal since they're a big sponsor, but I'd go with the DVD if you could make it 'cleaner' than having the GC sit in the back.
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

Xbox since its a HUGE sponser of NOPI... but if you cant get one... Id say the dvd player so its hidden

Comment

I like to be different, so i say GC. I think this would gain more points than a DVD...

The GC provides one pretty major obstacle, it's a flip open top feed. Although, if you extended the center console to butt up to the rear seat, it could fit in that area above the hump. Since the power and open buttons are on top, that parts done....Pretty easy to make the console. Some MDF, masonite and vinyl it. Or use that to mold a fiberglass piece. I'd then remove/remount the controller ports and memory card slots to the sides of the extended console, 2 ports + 1 card per side. This is pretty deep into electronics, as you'd probably have to de-solder the ports from the board and solder extension cables/wires to the board and the ports. The mounting area would have to be pretty strong, as they'll get some abuse. I'd go for a peice of machined aluminum and if you have any CF interior parts, you could cover it with a CF vinyl or paint it whatever color to match whatever you have.

just a few ideas.....

Comment

That's an awesome idea to have the center console extended and mount two controller ports on each side....good luck pulling it off.

Comment

Working...
          X