adding switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding switches

im gettin ready to add some driving lights to my ride and was wondering how exactly would i wire the lights. i thought about just using a switch but i also wanted to know if neone knew of a HOW TO newhere on the net thanks
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++
    how do i remove these spacer thingys
    Attached Files

i iwired my pedal light switch there and all you have to do is reach behind the dash and push it out, then trim the piece to fit the switch.
    erebuni shogun kit,alt g-force 17 inch wheels,ventus h2 tires,black taillights,jsp apache spoiler,tinted windows, custom eyelids,painted calipers and drums,goldline springs,m3 mirrors,toucan xenon headlights and corner lights,brospeed exhaust,aem short ram air intake,mp3 strutbar,ngk plugs and wires, yellow carbon fiber dash kit,sony xplode cd player,alpine mids and highs,jl audio subwoofer, acoustic 360 amp,weapon r j-spec floor mats,painted gauge bezel and colomn around steering wheel, reverse indiglo gauges,chrome gauge bezel,autotechnic s-7 water temp gauge with a carbon fiber autometer mounting cupalpine alarm.

Comment

for driving lights youll need a fused power wire from the battery thru the firewall to the 12v in spot on your switch. then wire a power wire to the lights after theyre mounted from the 12v out spot on you switch. then ground both lights and the switch. thats it. also, those pieces can be popped out with a small screwdriver or butterknife too.
      2002.5 protege dx

Comment

or you can jack into your running lights, that way when your running lights are on, so are your driving lights.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Just wedge the spacer out with a screwdriver, then drill a hole in the spacer and mount the switch in it.

Comment

damn, i thought this was a post about somebody adding hydraulics!!!

yeah, just pop it out. i have my n20, driving lights, and neons switched there.
            a.k.a. benf000

support your local punk rock scene!

Comment

You can get the spacers out pretty easily by taking the side panel of your dashboard off. Reach under the bottom of the side pannel and there should be a small latch that you need to push on. The bottom part of the panel will then pop out a little bit. Then take a flat screwdriver and run it upward along the seam, wedging the panel off carefully as you go. This will undo the 4-5 other latches that you can't reach by hand. After you take the panel off it's really easy to reach the spacers. There's a latch on the top and bottom of each spacer, so just push in and they will pop right out. This way you won't risk scratching any of your interior.

Comment

if you can find it, the jspec and eurospec's have a switch that goes in there for driving lights, make it look amost oem inside .... if you were into that. i dont know bout the harness or anything, just saw the switch posted on the old proclub board a while back.
                Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                Beige 1994 Protege DX
                Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                X