eibach...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eibach...?

i ordered the eibach pro kit and just recieved it today.only it says it's a sportline kit,sticker on side says pro kit and the item # matches the kit i ordered.the springs look different than stock in diameter.2 look smaller,2 look bigger.i don't see how they will seat on the struts correctly like this.anybody got pics of a eibach kit uninstalled i can view to verify they are actually the correct kit for my car.

I've gotta run right now but I will post them later. You'll have the pics before the night is over.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

It sounds right to me. The rear springs have a larger diameter, and they are shorter in legnth then the fronts, just like the stock springs.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

These are only the fronts. The backs are longer but I don't think they are thicker, but I could be wrong. They are considerably thicker than the stockers though.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

mine look nothing like that,they are powder coated red.the front's are larger in diameter and the rear's are smaller.the company says they are the correct springs.anyone heard/used the sportline?i guess they lower the car even more than the pro kit,maybe the pro kit was discontinued or something.
          Last edited by dodson3; 03-25-2004, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dodson3
            mine look nothing like that,they are powder coated red.the front's are larger in diameter and the rear's are smaller.the company says they are the correct springs.anyone heard/used the sportline?i guess they lower the car even more than the pro kit,maybe the pro kit was discontinued or something.
            Yes, I think you are right. I probably siad something wrong before in previous post, but the spring in front and rear are different size in length and diameter, so you sould not worry about fitment.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

The pro-kit was discontinued. It is now only available with coilovers.

Comment

i got ripped off!!!!

sfxperformance.com sent me a sportline kit for an acura!the box was mislabeled,had the correct item # on the sticker but it sure isn't correct.i figured this out after talking to 10 different people and being put on hold and transfered.if the prokit was discontinued then i'm really screwed ,i don't see how they can try to sell it if it no longer exsists.i emailed em back and told them they messed my order up, now i'm waiting for them to reply back.i can't belive this!235$ for a kit i can't use!i'm sorry for wasting space and everyones time asking questions.

Comment

It's kool man. Don't worry about it, that's what were here for. That sucks about the kit though. Get your money back and get a different kind. I'm not quite sure what other springs are good. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by dodson3
                    the front spring will be wider than the rear spring. the rear spring is slim and tall. the front spring is fat and short.

below you will see the rear and the front springs
                    Attached Files
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sfxperformance.com took care of me,i recieved my pro kit today .they were quick about it ,in fact they weren't the people that messed up my order.It was their distributer that labeled the box wrong.just wanted to clear that up.i got my kyb gr2's and this weekend i finally get to lower my car.

Comment

so the fronts are short and rears are longer? (for hte pro kit)? i put the short ones on the front and I tightened it down and it moved around a lot in the seat :/

Comment

and my fronts dont look anything like the springs that mania posted... those look like the rears to me(if the longer ones go in the rear) im just guessing cuz mine didnt come with instructions or anything :/

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                            so the fronts are short and rears are longer? (for hte pro kit)? i put the short ones on the front and I tightened it down and it moved around a lot in the seat :/
                            Correct. did you make sure it was lined up correctly?

Comment

Flat side goes down, if I remember correctly. Shorts in the front and longs in the back. The backs shouldn't have a flat side.
                              Last edited by MazdaMania; 03-31-2004, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X