Need New Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need New Tires

I need to get new all season tire's for my 2002 ES.I have the stock 16x6 aluminum wheels and the 195/50/16 Dunlops.I like the Dunlops but they are way to expensive.I went to NTB to get tires for my wifes car and the cheapest they had were some Nankangs for around 90 buck's each.I don't like those tires and want to find different ones.I was looking at a website that say's I can put plus zero sizes on my stock rims,205/50/16 or 205/45/16.I am wondering if they will fit right on the stock rim beings they are wider than the stock tire?Also will they be hard for someone to install?I am leaning in that direction because there is more of a selection of all season tires,as opposed to the stock size.Any help is appreciated,because I need to put tires on soon or the car won't pass inspection.(ie-the tires I have on now are almost as bald as my head!LOL)
    2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

205;s wouldnt make that big of a difference, they would prolly fit on those 16's better than the 195's anyway. as for the sidewall, 45's will prolly look better but 50's might yeild a smoother ride
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Why don't you like the Nankangs? There's a tire with a 400 tread wear called p7000 that you can find on E-bay pretty cheap.....Good Luck!
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

If you look at many of the tire manufacturer specs they do not recommend a 205/45 for a 16x6 rim (which is what you have). The minimum rim for most is 16x6.5. However, most 205/50 are well within the manufacturer's specs for 16x6 rims.

Yes, you can mount a 205/45 on the 16x6 and many folks here have without problems. It is a matter of how comfrotable you are with it personally.

I chose to go with a 205/50-16 and have been very happy with the results (plus it also made my speedometer more accurate).
        --JJB--
        '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
        Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
        16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
        15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
        Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Thank's to the few of you that responded!I have found tires for my car.Onlinetires.com had the new Toyo Proxes 4's in 195/50/16 for only $67 each.They are an all season tire with a 300 treadwear and they look good to boot!Again thanks for the help everyone!
          2002.5 Sunlight silver ES.TWM short shifter,Sparco knob,Kartboy shifter bushings,modified airbox,K&N filter,Altezza tails,Toyo Proxes 4 tires and plenty more to come.Newest addition is a 2000 Ducati 750 SS with carbon fiber exhaust

Comment

Working...
          X