sticker removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sticker removal

how would i take stickers off of my car? there are two on there, one on the trunk (an old dealership sticker), and one on the bumper(Triple A sticker). is there something i can use to take them off?

heat gun, or adhesive remover.

i would use a heat gun and plastic scraper ant then use the adhesive remover to get all the leftover.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i read about the heat gun part, sounds exensive just to remove 2 stickers. what about adhesive remover, get it at walmart?

Comment

yeah but youll end up messing your paint up because youll be scrubbing for hours, just get a hair dryer heat it up a little bit and you might be able to pull them off.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

there are sprays like bug-off, but for stickers... supposedly they work pretty well.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

a hair dryer will work fine.. i did it with success with mine.. then justr take some windex to any left over glue thats on there an scrub it off with a SOFT cloth.. an it'll look good as new
            Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
            -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
            -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
            -B&M Short Throw Shifter
            -MX-3 GS front seats
            -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
            (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

3M Citrus Adhesive remover is awesome! Took 2 year old duct tape residue away in like 30 seconds. Comes in small black cans. I get it from my work, but i imagine you can get it anywhere 3M products are sold. Try some body shop supply stores, not the body shops themselves, but the material/parts suppliers.

Hair dryer/heatgun is the best way, that way it comes off in bigger pieces (if not one peice) and your not constantly picking at the decal and possibly messing up the paint.

Comment

the only thing about the adhesive remover, though, is that if it isn't like a paper sticker it'll take longer to get off. 3M has great stuff thats just about all we use..

Comment

cool, i think ill try the hair dryer and if that doesnt work ill go get some 3M stuff. thanks everyone

Comment

i used a razor on mine and then used lighter fluid to get rid of the gunk, didnt mess up the paint but took like an hour to get 5 stickers off without peeling paint off.

Comment

Use Goo Off. It will take the adhesive right off. But make sure you clean the spot where you used to Goo Off

Comment

Working...
                      X