Rotary Engine Displacement Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotary Engine Displacement Theory

My friend has an RX-8, and he sent me this link today. It's very interesting and very long. It deals with the displacement debate of a rotary engine. If you don't know the basics of a rotary engine already, check this link first:

Care of Howstuffworks:
    A rotary engine is an internal combustion engine, but it's not like the one in most cars. Learn about the unique rotary setup and how it compares performance-wise to a piston engine.

And here's the link. The post is very long, but I found it very interesting:

Series I Tech Garage - Why 1.3? - Anyone have any ideas as to why Mazda decided on the 1.3Liter size? Is that the size of the engine in the RX7?

A lot of you guys seem to be interested in the technical side of things, I thought you might like to read it.
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Wow. rotarygod definately know his sh*t. Thats some really good info. Thanks for the post, funkdaddysmack.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

wow

Comment

most of that stuff is taught to u in just about any automtive school. the idiots that fight with rotarygod are complet morons. hes knows wut hes talking bout and they dont.
        i is dumb

Comment

Very interesting read. I don't care what anyone says however, I want a rotary-powered car. To hell with the bad gas mileage!
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

thermal efficiency can kiss my rotary ass

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Working...
            X