clunking from right front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clunking from right front.

it just started today, but its annoying. i may be a lil bit of a hypochondriac about these things but, heres my situation. im going to be selling the car over the summer, wanna make sure that its running how it has been since i got it off the dealership. today i awoke to see rain ( of course the day after i handwash my car) and go to school . after school i went in for a couple hours of work. i am driving home and start to hear a clunking noise when im braking at low speeds. the clunking sounds like possibly something to do witht he front right axle. im not sure what it is or what to do. anyone have a similiar problem or know what this could be.

Originally posted by plymouthprotege
    it just started today, but its annoying. i may be a lil bit of a hypochondriac about these things but, heres my situation. im going to be selling the car over the summer, wanna make sure that its running how it has been since i got it off the dealership. today i awoke to see rain ( of course the day after i handwash my car) and go to school . after school i went in for a couple hours of work. i am driving home and start to hear a clunking noise when im braking at low speeds. the clunking sounds like possibly something to do witht he front right axle. im not sure what it is or what to do. anyone have a similiar problem or know what this could be.

Does it happen more when you're turning? If so it could be a CV joint or might need to repack a cv boot. Other wise you could pull the wheel off and take a look for broken seals and excess grease/fluid. In my experience clunking from wheel areas usually is a busted seal or boot. Just a geuss though.
    That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you stick your head in stinky cheese and eat grasshoppers.

99 LX

Comment

Working...
    X