power window switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power window switch

ever since i've had my car (about a 1yr now) i havent been able to put the passenger side front window up with my driver's switch. i can put it down, but then to put it back up i have to reach over and pull up on the switch. so i finally got sick of this today and took apart the switch to see what the dilly yo was. this is the weird part...the switch works fine without the cover on it, but when i put the cover back on, it does the same thing as before, wont go up from the driver's switch. any ideas on what the problem could be? it's not a life or death huge problem, but just a little nuisance.
    '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
    18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

commonly, i had this problem in my protege, only difference was i couldn't put the window down from the master switch, but put the passenger's side window up without issue. my only suggestion is that either your switch is bad or the physical PLUG/harness that plugs into the master switch is bad (ie you have a lose wire in the power window harness). just swing by a junkyard that actually has an LX and strip it out.. either that or call the dealership for an estimate. i went thruogh 3 switches on my protege and the problem was NEVER solved. by all signs, it seems your passenger's side regulator and motor work fine, it's either in the wiring somewhere or in your driver's side master switch.. or even in the harness itself.. which would explain why if you take the cover off, it works, and doesn't when the cover is on. though this still doesn't 'pin down' your problem, i hope this helps.
    kevin

Comment

Working...
    X