Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it look stupid with 18's and no lowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it look stupid with 18's and no lowering?

I dont want my car to look like a truck, but i dont want to buy springs anytime soon.
    Brahma15 + Cadence Z7000 =

As long as the overall diameter of the wheel is still the same as stock it will not look too bad. I have a friend who put 215/35/18 on his P5 with out lowering it and it looks pretty good. I actually thought he had lowered it at first but it wasn't.
    2002 Blackmica P5
    CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

I havent bought springs for my car yet.... it will look better lowered though, especially a 3rd gen... It's a subjective matter, if you put them on... your probably going to want to lower it later. I almost guarantee it. Peace Mang...

MeeN
      1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
      1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
      2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
      2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Yes it will look bad. Even though they are 18s they will look tiny. Because of all the fender gap. The car is probably going to sit higher than stock, atleast when I put my 18s on after the 17s the car was raised about 3/4".

Comment

i suggest putting your wheels on before you lower it, that way youll know exactly how much you want to lower it.

who cares if it looks silly, your gon be riding 18's
          Last edited by Kelly; 03-25-2004, 08:59 AM.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

exactly...
            1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
            1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
            2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
            2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
              i suggest putting your wheels on before you lower it, that way youll know exactly how much you want to lower it.

who cares if it looks silly, your gon be riding 18's
              thats only if hes buying coilovers ... but if he buys springs from intrax or eibach, he will be fine with 1.5 - 2 inch drop
              boost happy

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                Yes it will look bad. Even though they are 18s they will look tiny. Because of all the fender gap. The car is probably going to sit higher than stock, atleast when I put my 18s on after the 17s the car was raised about 3/4".

Is that because the overall diameter was greater? If you have the same overall diameter it will look fine. Larger rim, lower profile tire...
                2002 Blackmica P5
                CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Not quite sure what car you own but I have 18's on my pr5 and it isn't lowered... yet!

Stupid or not, to me it looks better than the stock 16's.
                  Attached Files
                  'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                  -Dean
                  2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                  18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                  Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                  MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                  Injen CAI - Polished
                  Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                  DaveB trim rings
                  Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                  Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                  Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                  Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                  Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                  Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                  Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                  Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Looks good Dean!
                    2002 Blackmica P5

Comment

too much gap for me. i had to lower mine before i even got my rims. im riding 17's and the back fenders tuck nicely and the fronts sit right at the tire.
                      a.k.a. benf000

support your local punk rock scene!

Comment

i cant wait to get some 18s this summer. id say rims are definately my priority over getting lowered. i think those little rice eaters around here slammed to the ground on stock rims and hubcaps look stupid as hell.
                        2002.5 protege dx

Comment

yeah but there slammed so its ok.....

some people like black stock steelies, just like some people like gay Altezza's
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i dont think it will look gay but of course it would look nicer lowered as im sure u knew
                            boost happy

Comment

Tire diameter formula for fitting/speedo error questions: Section width X aspect ratio X 2 divided by 25.4 + wheel diameter in inches. Ex: 205/40-17 tire... 205 X .40 X 2 divide by 25.4 + 17 = 23.45". Also general rule for going "plus one, plus two" etc. is wheel size up 1", section width up 10MM, aspect ratio down .10. EX: stock P5 195/50-16, plus one is 205/40-17, plus two is 215/30-18, etc. These are GENERAL rules. Not exact science. Not responsible for chewed up tires or bent rims.
                              2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
                              I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Working...
                              X