springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

springs

I was wondering which springs I could install on my 97 pro to make it ride better and lower it a bit... I wanna keep the car sleeper and not put mags this summer... plus I don't want to have to install camber kits either.

Which sHould i get???

You won't need a camber kit unless you slam it. Our cars aren't like hondas and get the camber screwed up when you let some pressure out of a tire.
    I've got eibachs and love em.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I have H&Rs. MazdaMania is right, you do not need a camber kit. All you need to do is to get alighment done after putting new springs in, thats it.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ok.
        then how much would springs go, with a wheel spacer kit???

Comment

Originally posted by #1.
          ok.
          then how much would springs go, with a wheel spacer kit???
          You can generally find a set of springs around $200. Spacers' price will depend on how much of space you want/have to fill in. The cheapest ones I know, 5mm spacers, cost about $60 a pair. But 5mm is nothing, and you most likely to use 20-30mm range spacers which can cost you as much as the springs themselves. I put 6.5" rims on my car with 205/55 tires, and I needed no spacers.

Comment

I got the INTRAX springs, my car looks droped, plus the ride quality is still there, and all you need like mentioned above is alingment after you put on the springs.

Comment

H&R's are 185 at tirerack.com plus shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                H&R's are 185 at tirerack.com plus shipping.
                Estimated Availability: Special Order

???

Oh, and by the way, turbonium's springs are RED but the ones on tire rack are BLACK. turbo, are yours the "H&R Sport Spring Set" or what?
                Last edited by Intruder; 04-05-2004, 12:54 AM.

Comment

i got some apex in my car right now
                  1.7 inch

im selling them for some coilovers if someone wants to buy

Comment

tirerack has them available right now, mine shipped like 2 days ago

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      Estimated Availability: Special Order

???

Oh, and by the way, turbonium's springs are RED but the ones on tire rack are BLACK. turbo, are yours the "H&R Sport Spring Set" or what?
                      You know, I have always been wondering why they are red. Because the springs are stiff as hell. But they fit just fine, and the car handles great. I do not know why the ones on tirerack pictured black. But if someone else has H&Rs, let me know what color they are. BTW, I bought them from tirerack.com.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                        tirerack has them available right now, mine shipped like 2 days ago
                        Maybe you'll tell us what color they are when you get them.

Comment

yeah, they've been sitting at the fedex distrubution center in CLEVELAND since the 3rd, where do I live? CLEVELAND, whats the deal? gr

edit: BTW, the original point, I'll let you guys know what color they are. Funny side story, so I got a box today, open it, and there are two right rear GR-2s sitting there. . . unfortunately, I didn't think and called customer service about it, they're sending UPS to pick up the extra
                          Last edited by 95ProLeila; 04-05-2004, 06:50 PM.

Comment

That usually happens to me when I pay for GROUND and they arrive too quickly in OAKLAND, so they HAVE to sit there for 3 days before they get delivered 15 miles South to Fremont. Bitches...

Comment

this is supposed to be 3 day shipping!

Comment

Working...
                              X