KL47 MAP sensor problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KL47 MAP sensor problems.

I'm working on a 2000 Protegé, 1.6 DX, the MAP sensor showed inconsistent voltage so I thought I'd start, as I always do, by locating the part and checking my vacuum lines. Trouble is, the vacuum line off the bottom of the KL47 sensor is cut off.

Looking at my Mitchell diagrams, the KL47 should be routed to a solenoid valve (BP4Y-18-741). I cannot locate that solenoid, it's wiring harness, or and open vacuum port on the car, neither can I locate a comprehensive vacuum diagram which shows where and how the vacuum is supplied to both the valve and MAP sensor.

I've called four dealerships, no luck.

Whatever you've got will help.
    Last edited by Loquetur; 12-02-2016, 11:33 AM. Reason: Additional information.

Eureka!

After consulting a few diagrams from Mazda, I found that the KL47 MAP sensor on manual cars has a single vacuum hose coming out the bottom, the call-out number for which is 18-292. It's a short piece of hose with a 45° cut on one end and it connects to absolutely nothing.

The MAP sensor literally only reads the ambient barometric pressure of the surrounding environment, and does I don't know what with that information.

I'm going to go clean the EGR now.

Comment

sounds like an early MAF/MAP combo. which is cool that they integrated something like that. equals out to better readings.
      regardless- glad you got something figured out here tho
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
      X