Starting new project this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting new project this weekend

I'm going to be painting my valve cover and building me a speaker box out of fiberglass. I've decided to build two small boxes in the corners behind my seats on each side to house a Kicker Comp VR10. That way I'll still have part of my cargo area for putting stuff and if I need to I can put down my seat for larger things.
    [

sweet, take lots of pics

Comment

No problem.
      [

Comment

those sound like fun projects. im building two fg boxes to go in the back corners of my trunk for my 12s. ive got one done and im almost done with the other. cant wait to get them in. lots of work though. my cousin had two kicker comp vr 10s in his little nissan and that **** was loud. it almost hurt after a song or two. but then again it was in a reg cab pickup only 5in behind your back.
        2002.5 protege dx

Comment

I have them in a box that I built right now and on my amps it has three switches, off, high, and low. I have the switch on off and my gains all the way down and still can't turn my radio up pass the half way mark.
          [

Comment

I'm about to get off of my lazy @$$ and start my fiberglass project. I don't think I'm going to paint my valve cover though. I don't feel like messing with it. I might just order a carbon fiber cover for it and paint that. I don't know yet.
            [

Comment

Well I finally started my f/g boxes. I have the molds finished. Now I have to make the front piece. I'll start on that in the morning. Time to go get drunk.

out
              [

Comment

Here are the steps and the finished results for my speaker box that I built.
                Attached Files
                [

Comment

wow. that setup looks great. i love fiberglass. you can do just about anything you want with it. good job getting both to look the same. i made the mistake of doing one at a time, so one of my boxes is a little bit different shaped than the other, but they still look good. definately better than those damn MDF boxes. how does it sound tho?
                  2002.5 protege dx

Comment

They sound awsome. I have the amps set about half way and the bass on the radio is all the way down and they fricken hit.
                    [

Comment

Awesome!!! Mad Props
                      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Working...
                      X