ah lil help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah lil help here

hey guys i just got the J-spec clear turnsignals for my 98 protege, and i noticed the wiring harness doesnt match the one on the lights. Wut did u guys do to but em on? i also noticedthe lights only need 2 wires, as for the wiring harness on my protege has 3 wires.... help me out here guys!!

When I got mine I just unpluged the other tails and pluged the new tails into my current harness.

You would have to show my a photo of what you are talking about. The jspec's should only have 2 plugs, the brake and the signal.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
      When I got mine I just unpluged the other tails and pluged the new tails into my current harness.

You would have to show my a photo of what you are talking about. The jspec's should only have 2 plugs, the brake and the signal.
      I think he means clear corners? But pics would help.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
        I think he means clear corners? But pics would help.
        ohh the front corners. opps my bad.

yeah I just try and take the current plug from the factory lights and see if it will go in the jspec.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I cant remember exactly but i do remember i couldnt use the lights/harness that came with it. I just used my old lights and had to dremel alittle to make them fit just right.
          sigpic

Comment

I didn't have to modify anything. I just unplugged the amber housings and plugged in the new ones. I got mine from procarparts.com. If you got yours from corksport they might be different?

Comment

Yeah, if you bought the front clears from Corksport, they come with JDM hardware. Just like people above said, use the original hardware, and go to the auto parts store and get a pair of amber 1175 light bulbs. It easy as 1-2-3.
              "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

sweet thanks!!! i got it!!!

Comment

post pics

Comment

Working...
                  X