HID Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Lighting

I was just curious if there was any other 1st gens out there with HID's?
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

by HID do you mean silverstars?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Nope, when I say HID, I mean as in High Internsity Discharge lights.
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
      Repaint car

Comment

if i knew how to do it, i probably would, if not at least have it on my list...
        justin
        Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
        installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

i have them and they are bright as hell the kit that i have is eurolight 8000k and it was a plug and play

Comment

despite your investment mazdapower... you do NOT have true HID.. and no HID application is plug in play by any respects. a true HID setup for a protege would be in the neighborhood of 300 to 550 bucks, which also happens to be the fair market value for e-spec headlights. if you read the many tech articles edwin has written, you will find out that even with the proper wiring and accessories, your lenses are going to be the short fall on HID lights.. i'd say even if you had a set of j-spec or e-spec headlights. the beam pattern would esscentially BLIND the hell out of oncoming drivers and also NOT light the road the way true HID headlights are intended to be used. just give it up, it's not possible to do it legally and correctly in a first gen protege.
            peace

Comment

the kit that i have coast 350 and it is by eurolight and it was a plug and play and i know what u are talk about but it say it right on the box and it is the hid kit u can ask any one from INTENSE PerFormance that know me and the will tell you that i blind the hell out of them

Comment

post a pic of them plz...i wanna see em.....hid lights...
                91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
                Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

well there are a few sets ive seen on the 00 3rd gens and the p5's. awsome setup. Since we have plastic fogged headlamps, its said to not admit and direct the light , not like the crystal clear newer protege. Unless you have espec or jspec headlamps. Still would be better then stock. i have silverstars right now and they are better then stock, Ive been lookin for a kit for my car. the 9004 HID kits are cheaper then the others, you might be able to find a kit on ebay for 260 or something. For a CATZ or PIAA kit would be much more expensive.
                  Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                  Beige 1994 Protege DX
                  Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

i take that back then, but re-aim your headlights to save others the misery of starring at your headlights as you drive by. i mean, hell, think about it, your headlights blind someone coming in oncomming traffic, they veer into your lane and you're in a head on collision, it's YOUR fault. not to mention it's illegal.
                    peace

Comment

as soon as i can upload them i will put they on her for u guys

Comment

i have psuedo HID's. i bought street glow bulbs from JC Whitney for 17 bucks. of course w/ a discount. they have a blue-ish white beam, and im happy w/ them personally. i can see farther and clearer than halogen bulbs, and didn't pay the 600 bucks. oh well, your decision i guess.
                        i hate being broke!

Comment

make sure you all are aiming your driving side light a little more towards the passenger side....So you wont be blinding ppl in oncoming traffic.and not too high..

Comment

ack.... lots of misinformation...

I have Silverstars (sylvania, osrams sadly don't come in 9004) and they are only marginally better than stock.

Any HID conversion would require at least some rewiring (relays) and is not what I would call "plug and play."

An ideal headlight bulb is white, possibly with a slight yellowish tinge... This is because the light should create a beam with the least amount of scattered light (which is what causes glare). Blue light has the shortest wavelength, and has a tendency to scatter more than any other color of light. Because of this, the beam does not travel as far, reducing visibility and increasing glare.

This is why most developed countries (including the U.S.A.) do not allow blue lights. In fact, France has required yellow lights in the past (I don't think they still do).

Check out Daniel Stern's guide at the following link:Here
                            ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

I should add that HID conversions are dangerous and, even if you did manage to do one, chances are it is illegal and will cause some damage.
                              ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X