Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Steering Belt

Could someone please tell me how much
    a power steering belt costs for a 1996 Protege?
    I was driving to the movies tonight and all of a
    sudden i heard something ticking when i stopped
    and let it idle. Then i took off around a curve and then
    POP! (lol) no more steering. It sound like the belt just
    flew off. maybe not tho.
    But anyways, i hope someone can help....
    Mike A.

The belt should be around ~ $10 and can be easily found in your local auto parts stores.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

oreileys has just about any belt for mazda for 5 bux its a steal
      i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        the cheap auto parts store **** works but they don't last because they stretch too easily

the OEM mazda one costs more but lasts a long time... better materials
        How hard would it be to replace it myself???
        I really need to get one back on it.

Maybe if someone could draw a quick diagram of it, it would be much
        appreciated....
        Last edited by bubbashane; 03-27-2004, 03:58 PM.
        Mike A.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          the cheap auto parts store **** works but they don't last because they stretch too easily

the OEM mazda one costs more but lasts a long time... better materials
          I agree, but mazda dealerships are horrible here. I recently had to go to 3 to find a front and rear main seal. The stupid guy didn't even know what that was.....couldn't find it on his coputer manual......and finally told me that they "don't sell too much maintanance parts" ....... Dumbasses!

Repacing the belt should be pretty self-explanatory. Take a good look at all the pulleys that don't have a belt attached to them and go from there...
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

yea i had the same problem a while back ...and when i replaced itm it started swueekin when i would poull off ...so i replaces the pulleys and it happened to b the one on the other belt ...even replaced the alternator cuz they pulleys where bad but tha noises are gone hehe

Comment

Working...
            X