I have to sell my baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to sell my baby

After owning the protege for 10 months, I will be very sad to see it go. We still love each other very much, but her tastes are just too expensive for me... I'm stretching myself too thin making payments and covering the insurance costs of a new car. Therefore, my car is now for sale.

It is a 2003 LX in silver. It has a manual transmission. Everything (windows, doors, mirrors) is power, and it has keyless entry from the factory. I've taken my stereo system out, so it comes with the stock 6-disc cd changer and stock speakers, which still sound very good for a basic setup. It has roughly 15,000 miles on it, and is still covered by its original warranty for another 3 years/35,000 miles.

Modifications:

Last September I lowered it with the Eibach Pro Kit, and it handles extremely well. I also installed an aftermarket (OEM style) spoiler and aftermarket fog lights. Currently those are the only mods installed, however, I also have an ebay short ram intake (some cheap brand but it still works fairly well), DaveB brushed gauge rings, and PCP reverse gauge faces which I am willing to include if anyone wants them. I will also include the factory springs, as I have no use for them without the car.

There are a few minor problems with it. There is a small dent (no larger than a dime) behind the gas door on the driver's side. It's barely visible from 6 feet away. I got run off the road a few months back and so there is slight curb rash on both passenger side wheels (also not visible from more than 6 feet). When I was installing the PCP gauges I broke the needles on both the temp and gas gauges, and so I've been using the trip meter as a gas gauge for some time now.

Other than that, it is in very good condition. The interior is clean and still feels new, and all the exterior paint is shiny. It runs perfectly, is quiet and fast, and is still a very smooth ride despite the new suspension.

I am asking $13,500 for it. I realize that most people on this board are here because they already have their Proteges, but I figured I'd offer it anyway in case someone was interested.

Originally posted by jnorion
    After owning the protege for 10 months, I will be very sad to see it go. We still love each other very much, but her tastes are just too expensive for me... I'm stretching myself too thin making payments and covering the insurance costs of a new car. Therefore, my car is now for sale.

It is a 2003 LX in silver. It has a manual transmission. Everything (windows, doors, mirrors) is power, and it has keyless entry from the factory. I've taken my stereo system out, so it comes with the stock 6-disc cd changer and stock speakers, which still sound very good for a basic setup. It has roughly 15,000 miles on it, and is still covered by its original warranty for another 3 years/35,000 miles.

Modifications:

Last September I lowered it with the Eibach Pro Kit, and it handles extremely well. I also installed an aftermarket (OEM style) spoiler and aftermarket fog lights. Currently those are the only mods installed, however, I also have an ebay short ram intake (some cheap brand but it still works fairly well), DaveB brushed gauge rings, and PCP reverse gauge faces which I am willing to include if anyone wants them. I will also include the factory springs, as I have no use for them without the car.

There are a few minor problems with it. There is a small dent (no larger than a dime) behind the gas door on the driver's side. It's barely visible from 6 feet away. I got run off the road a few months back and so there is slight curb rash on both passenger side wheels (also not visible from more than 6 feet). When I was installing the PCP gauges I broke the needles on both the temp and gas gauges, and so I've been using the trip meter as a gas gauge for some time now.

Other than that, it is in very good condition. The interior is clean and still feels new, and all the exterior paint is shiny. It runs perfectly, is quiet and fast, and is still a very smooth ride despite the new suspension.

I am asking $13,500 for it. I realize that most people on this board are here because they already have their Proteges, but I figured I'd offer it anyway in case someone was interested.

Time for a Ford F250

Comment

Oh, c'mon, I'm not actually FROM Idaho, I'm just here for school...

Actually, I have another car already, just need to pick it up once I sell the pro. I'm going WAY back to basics... it's a 1982 VW Quantum, owned by my mom's mechanic since it was new. I trust the guy and he says it's in great shape, and he's asking $650 for it.

Comment

:tear:
        My OLD Car

Comment

That sucks. Even if you don't have your Protege anymore, you're still welcome to post here.
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Yeah, I'll still be here.

Comment

Working...
            X