Did you buy your car new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you buy your car new or pre-owned?

I was just wondering how many owners bought their car new and who picked it up second hand.

I picked mine up for 10k$ from a fleet car rental place with 25k "rental" miles already on it. It's come a long way from then.
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

I did, but it was a family thing! We knew the previous owners and knew the condition it was in!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I purchased my car as a lease return..
      It used to belong to some old people in Florida.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

My car was repossessed from some woman who couldn't pay her bills.

Comment

we bought mine new in 1990

Comment

Bought mine used in August 2001.
            Apparently some old guy pwn3d it before me.
            My car is originally sold in B.C., the land of good weed.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

my car was the last 2000 protege they had on their lot in 2001, They wanted to get rid of it so they stuck me in it with 100 miles on it
              Sagaris

Comment

I bought mine from a used car lot, Some old lady in Rhode Island had it before me

Comment

bought it new in Oct '01.
                  --JJB--
                  '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                  Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                  16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                  15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                  Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I got mine used. I traded some Q78 (36") SuperSwamper tires plus $100 for it. I got it from a family that I know who had bought it 3 years ago as a car for the nanny to drive. It came from a used car dealership before that, so who knows how many owners its had. I never ran a CarFax on it.

"Mazderati"
                    91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
                    Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
                    Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
                    AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

"Dealer Special" and oh boy was it SPECIAL. $485 out the door, had to tow it to my friends shop. $1000.00 later and it runs like new. Carfax shows it had 4 previous owners and began its life as a demo car in Windor Locks, Conn. It was driven for a few months by a Rep. or someone at the Parts Distribution Center for Mazda. Wish I knew who it was.

It now has 184,000 and still running strong.
                      2000 Chevy Prism - Grocery getting daily driver.

91 Pro LX - K&N Cone filter, MX-3 Seats, SE-R Shift boot, ZX2 struts, Terra springs w/ 1.75" drop.

94 Pro DX - Totaled

87 Jetta GLI - Sold

Drag racing is for fast cars, Autocross is for fast drivers.

Comment

my mother always teaches us to buy used... thats why im currently looking at used WRX's...
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
                          I was just wondering how many owners bought their car new and who picked it up second hand.

I picked mine up for 10k$ from a fleet car rental place with 25k "rental" miles already on it. It's come a long way from then.
                          Rental.. mmm...
                          I got mine from a used-car slot... for about $6000. It has only one previous owner - "major rental company". That's what Carfax says anyway. It had 30 something thousand miles and was in excellent condition.

Comment

Protege was bought new in 93 as a 92 leftover. It became mine in 1998. Died in 2002.

MR2: I'm the 3rd owner.
                            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES
                            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Brand spankin' new! It still had the white sticker on the hood, trunk and sunroof from the shipping. The dealer didn't even put any of their retarded stickers on it. It had 6 miles on it.
                              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                              Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                              X