Upgrade Front Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Front Brakes

I need to know what do I need to install the MX3/EGT/Protege LX front rotors and calipers.

I noticed that the calipers 13V22 found on the Protege DX have the same casting as the MX3/EGT/Protege LX which are 14V22. I will be using the 14V22 for my swap since it has a larger piston.

I know I need to replace the steering knuckle(where the caliper is held by) in order for the caliper to clear the 10.12"rotors (MX3/EGT/Protege LX). My big question is which steering knuckle do I need to use without replacing anything else on the swap. I called Mazda and they told me that the Protege LX and MX3 steering knuckle have different part numbers, what's the difference?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks.
    92 323 with BP DOHC
    ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

I didn't even know the LX front brakes were different. They are?
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

yeah they're different....

Mike if you can tell me exactly what you are asking i can look on my lx parts car, as i was intending to do the swap...I can snap pics if needed.....

What all do you do just swap the rorors and calipers and its a day?

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
        yeah they're different....

Mike if you can tell me exactly what you are asking i can look on my lx parts car, as i was intending to do the swap...I can snap pics if needed.....

What all do you do just swap the rorors and calipers and its a day?
        Can you take some pics of both LX and DX steering knuckles (that's the item that holds the caliper and the tie rod in place).

Send the to my email address: mikeseli@info-internet.net
        92 323 with BP DOHC
        ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

hey sorry about not sending the pics yet, I've been really busy at the shop I will really try to get them done soon thouhg.

Comment

Working...
          X