Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1,000 Challange

Allright guys whats going on?

Me and my brother have kinda set up a challenge. We're going to see who can get their car faster with $1,000. We only have 6 months to do whatever we wish. He's going to turbocharge what do you guys think i should do?? He's got a Geo Storm...1.8 DOCH.
    I'm going to switch over to the DOHC also. Do you guys think i could stay N/A and still be faster? I wanna go turbo but i doubt that $1,000 will be enough. There is a guy here that would make me a turbo mani. for 90 bucks, but it's not the best.

We can get the turbo, mani, intercooler & pipeing for the geo all for about 500 bucks. It will be a small turbo, but will do the job for the price. The reason his is so cheap is because it is all from a turbocharged Chevy Spectrum (stock). We will eventually put better stuff on it but it's hard to beat for the price. Then he will still have $500 left for whatever else.

How much do you guys think that it would cost me to stay N/A and be faster? Estimated E.T. on his car is going to be somewhere around 14's.

you are going aganist a Geo storm ayy Heres one leave it stock and go buy $1000 worth of beer J/K. Buy a doch theres one in texas for like 200 bucksyou can find on car-parts.com if its still there. do intake and catback and you should have the power then. hopefully. his $500 turbo is really hard to beat. Is someone hooking him up with the turbo setup?
    93 Protege lx (Jessi)
    Project Jessi
    Sold

88 "terd tan" ranger

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Racing in a Honda is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win... your still retarded
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm allready getting the DOHC for free. I'm getting a whole car & $150 to do some fiberglass repair on a spoiler. It's pretty jacked up though. The stock 1.8 DOHC Geo Storm GSI's run about the same as The Protege LX's. So I know if we run 7 lbs of boost he is going to smoke me.

As for the turbo kit it's all going to be from a J/Y off of a Chevy Spectrum, they come stock with turbochargers and everything off of the Spectrum is going to fit on the Geo 1.8.
      Last edited by Tweeaks; 09-13-2003, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I allready have a cat-back. I seriously doubt I can leave it N/A and be faster with only $1,000. Maybe I'll just throw a 100 shot on it?

Comment

clutch, nitrous, hacksaw the cat-back off, remove weight, buy used drag slicks.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Sh*t that reminds me that i need to get the LX tranny seeing as the car i'm getting is an auto. (So I can still use the Automatic ECU right?)

How much nitrous do you think i'd have to use?

Comment

ha, 100 shot...haha. Maybe if the engine is in PERFECT working order you could shoot a 100 blast. Just go to the junkyard, get urself a T-25 or a 14b turbo ($100 at most). Order the GTX turbo manifold from corksport ($300 or so). Fabricate up some i/c piping. Go back to junkyard and get a starion FMIC. Thats like 400 maybe right there. You got $600 left. Run the exhaust straight from the manifold. Get yourself a 1st gen DSM BOV, from junkyard ($40) Order a hallman MBc ($50) You got $510 left. Go back to junkyard and get some rx7 440 (i think thats the size) injectors, and an rx7 fuel pump ($100). $410 left, you could spend the remaining on an Apexi SAFC and MAYBE some used drag slicks. Then just steal a boost guage. Get all that **** put on and fabricated. and go DESTROY that sorry ass geo!!

I guess thats if you have access to any custom pipe makers. If not, just go and buy a 300 jet of Nitrous, and go to the drag strip. Launch normally an ****, once ur about halfway down the track, shoot ur nitrous and hope that one of your pistons hits that GEO and makes him crash or something, all the while you will be rolling past the finish line. You Win!
              Eat ****.

Comment

NAAAAAWS

Comment

If it's a BP, and you tune it... i think you could hold a 150 shot, and that'll definately get you into the 14s if you can control the wheelspin.

drag slicks, clutch, nitrous, timing retard, colder plugs

this thing doesn't have to last long, does it?
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                    ha, 100 shot...haha. Maybe if the engine is in PERFECT working order you could shoot a 100 blast. Just go to the junkyard, get urself a T-25 or a 14b turbo ($100 at most). Order the GTX turbo manifold from corksport ($300 or so). Fabricate up some i/c piping. Go back to junkyard and get a starion FMIC. Thats like 400 maybe right there. You got $600 left. Run the exhaust straight from the manifold. Get yourself a 1st gen DSM BOV, from junkyard ($40) Order a hallman MBc ($50) You got $510 left. Go back to junkyard and get some rx7 440 (i think thats the size) injectors, and an rx7 fuel pump ($100). $410 left, you could spend the remaining on an Apexi SAFC and MAYBE some used drag slicks. Then just steal a boost guage. Get all that **** put on and fabricated. and go DESTROY that sorry ass geo!!

I guess thats if you have access to any custom pipe makers. If not, just go and buy a 300 jet of Nitrous, and go to the drag strip. Launch normally an ****, once ur about halfway down the track, shoot ur nitrous and hope that one of your pistons hits that GEO and makes him crash or something, all the while you will be rolling past the finish line. You Win!

"Get all that **** put on and fabricated" I forsee a LOT of money doing just this...especially since a T-25 or 14b won't bolt upto a GTX manifold...

this is a pipe dream of how much it costs...
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

yeah it all depends if you plan to keep the car, if you bang a 150 shot into your motor, you will prolly damage it, is this car your daily driver????? as for the turbo setup, its going to be an act of god to do one under 1000 bucks with install and all.
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

For $1000US I can hook you up with a BPT. All you need now is a G25M-R transmission.
                        92 323 with BP DOHC
                        ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

I would say to hook up a ton of nitrous to your current engine and just remove as much weight as you can from the car.

After the "challenge", then install the dohc motor.

Comment

Yeah this is my daily driver.......I have another car to drive, but i would rather not kill my pro....maybe I should just accept defet....for now.....

Comment

dude, do what jesse said, and u can always get the exhaust welded back on

Comment

Working...
                              X