Nitrous first gen Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous first gen Q's

How much money would it take to be able to run Nitrous safely on a first gen DOHC BP? My goal is to get my car running low 13's.

What would i need to upgrade and how much of a shot would i need to be running? Injector and fuel pump...Would that be it, or would i even need to upgrade them?

Here is why I am asking

with a grand you can go ahead and get a wet kit from NOS or that other company lol cant think of it. Usually you should only run about half your hp, about a 50shot. There was someone on this "other" board i was on that was saftly running a 75shot.

Comment

So does anyone know how much faster a 75 shot would make the car? at least 3 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
        So does anyone know how much faster a 75 shot would make the car? at least 3 seconds?
        I seriously doubt that. On a stock motor that would probably make you like a second faster. That's just a guess though. I'm hoping to cut off 3 seconds from stock when I take my car to the track.
        -Robert
        '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

I am not sure about the whole first gen thing..But i do own a protege5..been running a 50shot..there's another guy w/ the same Nitrous Express kit..runnin a 75shot..that broke into the 1/4mile at 14.something somethin..(High 14's)...

IF ya wanna run..make sure you go wet...you get better mixture w/ a wet kit...Also..Since ya have the first gen..you can retard the timing..to go w/ a larger shot..say 65...But i would say don't go over 1/2 your stock HP! Just a rule of thumb!

Chas

Comment

Stock ECU can handle a 60 shot wet kit. With engine management and larger injectors you could probably run a 100 shot without much hassle.

The car runs a mid 16 stock so expect to be in the high 14's if you can get traction. Low 15's if you can't.
            -Braden
            '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

If your wanting to make the serious power i would suggest doing a staged wet shot.. Nothing to do with upgrading injectors.. you will have to retard your timing a little...

dont hit the juicec under 3k... on a B series a safe amount.. it amusing there saying not to run over half your hp when the block is proven to turbo to 3 times the stock hp...

run a astaged shot 50 100 150... that is waht i would do..

if you hit it to hard to low you will hurt the motor
              -torp.
              94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
              81 Celica Gt..

Comment

Working...
              X