Autozone gives lifetime waranty on brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autozone gives lifetime waranty on brake pads

Due to this being a universal gen subject I am putting it here in off topic.

I went to autozone yesterday to look for an exhaust gasket for the 323. I decided that I needed some brakes also. So I go and I ask the guy for brakes. He tells me ,"Do you want the regular brakes or the lifetime waranty brakes." I looked at him and was like, life whattt.

So I took them paid like 23 dollars, and they said that I don't ever have to pay for brake pads again. I just bring those back and I will get another set of pads for free... Has anyone ever heard of this ****. i was frigin amazed. The autozone that I usually go to on gun hill road does not give this offer . The ****ers.

Well ??
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

They have been doing that for years. same goes for water pumps,alternators and I even think I got a starter one time as well. Ive also gotten more batteries that I can count. The stereo in my old Toyota would kill one about every year. Bring it it they would exchange no problem.
    1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
    1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

yeah ,theyll give you **** though, and the pads are ****, they will warp your rotors.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

the problem I had in the past with "lifetime" brake pads is that they were just that.... the compound was really hard and they lasted a good long while.... and in the process managed to screw up two rotor sets (once I was able to have them machined, the second was new rotors).
        --JJB--
        '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
        Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
        16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
        15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
        Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I think I will stick with my new ceramic brake pads. Reminds me of that old saying, "if it seems to good to be true...it is."

Comment

Yeah, maybe they are going out of business! LOL
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

mess up my rotors.. you got to be ****ting me. lol

Well these rotors are staying on the 323 for a little while, till I get the stock lx discs with calipers from mazdaformance.com
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I always got performance friction pads. At least the last few times from different cars no probs here.
                1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
                1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

I think I'll pass. I'd rather get some quality pads and not risk messing up my rotors.

FYI everyone, there's an General Automotive section for posts like this. Thread moved...
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                  X