Post 99 Miata Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 99 Miata Cams

Would they make good horsepower increases or would it be cheaper/more beneficial to go with regrinds? If i go with regrinds what are the most horsepower i can draw from the cams? What would the lift & duration have to be like?

the 99+ Miata is around 140hp or something I gforget.Keep in mind that this is only partly because of the cams. They also have a redesigned cylinder head, higher compression, and better flowing manifolds. You would probably see a slight increase, but not a whole lot.
    I don't know if regrinds would be cheaper but if you got them custom ground then you can probably get as much horsepower as you can afford, assuming you've got a fuel system to support them and a properly tuned ECU to control it.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

there's a lot more to it...

how bad of an idle is acceptable? where is your intended powerband? how high are you revving? etc etc etc
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
      X