parking lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parking lights?

Hey board, first post (I'm such a n00b).

The other day, I picked up some SilverStar headlights, and now my corner parking lights look like crap in comparison. I tried some APC IcyHot amber LEDs, but they're way too dim. Does anyone have any suggestions on 168 (or 194) bulbs that wll be a pretty close match to the SilverStars? Amber or white, it doen't really matter.

Well, I would not trust anything that APC makes in the first place. My other suggestion, is to get a better LED bulb. Try eBay and see if you can find anything. But, those SilverStars are good. I believe that they are also available for other applications, other then headlights, but I am not sure if amber bulbs were one of them.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Well, I guess I was right. Silver Star did release amber 1157 bulbs.

Look around for 1157 part number, or go to a local parts store, Maybe you just didn't see them. It looks like on line, they are about $20 a pair.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        he has a 95, the corners don't use 1157... using W5W bulbs will be way brighter than those ****ty 168 or 194 bulbs... walmart should have them
        Do what I did and rewire your turn signals to your parking lights.
        You want have to worry about the brightness then, they'll only come on
        when u have your blinkers or the hazards on. I had to go and purchase
        some orange peanut bulbs tho because I got pulled over.
        all you have to do is unscrew the little plates on your bumper and then
        splice the wires, (do the same to your parking lights) then wire the blinkers
        to the existing parking lights. Leave the wires left over that used to be
        connected to your parking lights alone. Just tape them up.
        And there ya go! dont forget the orange bulbs tho.
        Mike A.

Comment

actually phillips i think is who it was makes some 194's that are bright enough for them... they ship with the silverstars when you order from powerbulbs.com ( i think thats right ) go check the site and see them... they are pretty damn bright.

Comment

ok my bad

Comment

Working...
            X