Rear strut bar for 2nd Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear strut bar for 2nd Protege

I want a Rear strut bar for 2nd Protege.Which one with fit or get one make.

You can make almost any eBay strut bar fit. But you will need to hack some metal off your car to make it work. Bruce done it before, ask or PM him. Or see if you can find it by searching.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Cork Sport has one

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
        Cork Sport has one
        You still need to cut out holes for it to fit. If you ever looked as to where the rear strut mounting brackets would be located, you would find that they are surrounded by metal. You can clearly see the rear strut mounts if you remove the rear speaker panel. It would actually be easier to see from outside the car, as your head would most likely run into the back window. So, in order for you to mount the brackets to the rear struts, you have to cut out holes for them. You most likely will need a Dremel, or some other high-speed cutter. Also, depending on which strut bar you get, you might have to redrill the mounting holes on the brackets. Bruce used a Ractive strut bar in the rear, and he also mentioned that if you were to use a typical eBay front strut bar, it will be a tad too short to fit, you might do some modifications there. Bruce is modding his personal website, and last time I checked, his install info of rear strut bar was not uploaded. So stick around, maybe Bruce will cut you guys some slack and post it up for you.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

if i remember right he used a 1st gen front bar and redrilled holes...

Comment

I did it awhile back using a 2nd Gen one for the front. I just re drilled new holes in the mounting brackets and trimmed alil piece of crap metal off of the strut mount area. Ill post pics later tonight, i still have em.
            sigpic

Comment

nopionline.com..

i just ordered ractive front and rear strutbars from nopionline.com for 36$ each for my 98.check there if you want one.

Comment

here
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

I used a 1st gen protege rear strut bar.

You can use a dremel tool with the good fiberglass discs and cut out the holes. That will do you plenty justice.
                    Here is a link to the photo's on my imagestation page.
                    Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

I am going to move the photo's to my gallery in xp photo that is linked in my sig.
                    That way you don't have to sign in and stuff, but for right now this will do. Check the link in my sig for the info and pictures if you don't want to sign in. Give me like a hour or 2.

Bruce
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

figures!

well nopi no longer has the rear strutbar so now i have to buy another front bar and pay another 12$ shipping.so both bars will now have cost me 100$!I'm pretty sure i can get the bar to fit in the rear,i have all the airtools needed to cut & drill metal.the front bar will need 2 more holes drilled cause they don't line up correctly.[ractive!!]
                      Last edited by dodson3; 04-06-2004, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X