Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1000 dollars to rebuild/improve. what to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 dollars to rebuild/improve. what to get?

like the thread says. if i had that much what should i get?

first id seel my car then id have like 2500, then pay to get to gro's house pick up his pro and drive it back
    i is dumb

Comment

Seeing all the mods you have for yourself, if your engine isnt in the best of condition I would spend it on a nice rebuild. And this standalone
      http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html If it were my car. Or if your engine is in good condition, I would start piecing together a turbo kit.
      Eat ****.

Comment

If you're spending that much, might as well get something top of the line.
        Microtech LTX-8 $895 (complete stand alone EMS - fuel and timing)
        This is the exact system I used on my 647 rwhp FC3S.
        Main Site: http://www.microtechfuelinjection.com/computers.htm
        US Site: http://www.microtechusa.com/computers.html
        Last edited by GetFresh.; 04-03-2004, 11:35 PM.
        I like rotaries. Email me if you want.

Comment

Robert, why do you drop bombs like this on the fourm whe you know damn straight what you want...?
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by GetFresh.
            If you're spending that much, might as well get something top of the line.
            Microtech LTX-8 $895 (complete stand alone EMS - fuel and timing)
            This is the exact system I used on my 647 rwhp FC3S.
            Main Site: http://www.microtechfuelinjection.com/computers.htm
            US Site: http://www.microtechusa.com/computers.html
            647 whp I'd love to see that setup man.
            00 dakota 4x4
            90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Spend it on my car instead! Here is what you can get me:

ACT Street Clutch
              Spearco FMIC
              Apexi twin chamber BOV

That is close to 1k.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

how about you take AMY out for a nice weekend, and you pay off you debts. start there.
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                  Robert, why do you drop bombs like this on the fourm whe you know damn straight what you want...?
                  He's right... save it. You have probably a month or so until Greg gets his car back running again, get your headstart with the 1000 now. He says he'll have his turbo sometime early this summer, can you beat him?

Comment

**** amy, think about yourself.. liposuction.. boob job.. laser teeth whitening.. err..
                    well, honestly, i think you'd reap the best benefit from getting a rebuild on your engine.. though at only 1000 bucks, you'd probably be just getting the parts you needed for it :p: nor could you pay a shop that little and expect that much out of it.. ie cam regrinds and a port and polish.. even that can easily set you over 1k. figure on this, spend $100 on a nice dinner and a gift for amy, $200 bucks for something small for vicky (yes, the car does mean more to us :p: ), put $500 in a Certified Deposit fund where you can earn 6 to 9 percent, or in a mutual fund for 10 to 15% interest, then spend the other $100 on a new outfit for yourself . trust me, it's better to save than to spend..
                    peace
                    p.s. almost forgot my math there, do yourself a favor and spend the additional hundred on debts
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2004, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Buy a big bag of weed, sell it buy a bigger bag, sell that and then use the proceeds. If you've got the right hookups, you can make a ****load in a very short time and stop dealing. keep the money.
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                        **** amy, think about yourself.. liposuction.. boob job.. laser teeth whitening.. err..
                        well, honestly, i think you'd reap the best benefit from getting a rebuild on your engine.. though at only 1000 bucks, you'd probably be just getting the parts you needed for it :p: nor could you pay a shop that little and expect that much out of it.. ie cam regrinds and a port and polish.. even that can easily set you over 1k. figure on this, spend $100 on a nice dinner and a gift for amy, $200 bucks for something small for vicky (yes, the car does mean more to us :p: ), put $500 in a Certified Deposit fund where you can earn 6 to 9 percent, or in a mutual fund for 10 to 15% interest, then spend the other $100 on a new outfit for yourself . trust me, it's better to save than to spend..
                        peace
                        p.s. almost forgot my math there, do yourself a favor and spend the additional hundred on debts
                        No, Samir, you're missing the point. The idea is you figure out what you'd like to do if you had a million dollars...

Comment

LSD if you ain't got one already.

How many miles on your car??
                          Vavlve job?? Pull the pistons hone the cylinders, new rings and bearings.
                          Miata cams and solid lifters??
                          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

its money that is being specifically given to me by my father for use on the car. the only debt i have atm is to shoot you 50 for the seat brock. he is painting it as well if all goes as planned. i was thinking tear the engine down, miata pistons/rings, new head gasket, find a shop that will p and p and do a valve job and replace all misc seals and gaskets. this isnt what serious performance mods should i get, this is what major maitenance can i do that will also maybe add performance

Comment

id say buy a bp head at a local junkyard for less than $50. port n polish the head and give it some angle job. change the cams to mild for daily drive purposes and then get a clutch.

or shoot NOS so that u can tell me if the motor can take the nitrous oxide. hehhehe....

Comment

Working...
                              X