Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Bumper ES vs. MSP

Questions for ya's out there:

Is the 2003.5 MSP bumper one piece or two? I have been looking at many pictures and I can't tell if is just like the es one but with the little rear skirt piece.

Also, are the 2003 MSP and 2003.5 MSP rear bumpers the same/same part number? I see differences, but did Mazda discontinue the 2003 one and now only offer the 2003.5 under the same number?

I am looking to get the MSP kit going on my 2003 es and wanted to make sure that the bumper would line up with the sedan side skirts.

I am assuming that the accessory side skirts for the pro are the same as the sides on the MSP???

If anyone has information and even some part numbers to go off of it would be greatly apprieciated.
    Patrick
    SOLD--->'03 Sunlight Silver Metallic ES

The bumpers are the same, only the rear skirting is different.

The side skirts (like the ones in my sig) are the same as the 2003 MSP's. The 2003.5/.7 got a new front lip, skirts, and rear skirting.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I thought the side skirts were the same for all of the MSPs, both the 2003 and the 2003.5/.7?

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
      www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

You're right, I stand corrected.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

also, the front fascia isn't entirely different. If you look at one closely you will notice that the bumper is actually 2 pieces. The 2003.5/.7 have a different piece that takes the place of the foglights that would normally fit into a MP3/P5/2003 MSP.

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

Part Numbers I found -
            Side Skirts - # B30K-V4-910F
            2003.5/.7 Rear Spoiler - 0000-89-C32

I don't know what the part number is for the 2003.5/.7 rear bumper skirt, but i'm sure any Mazdaspeed certified dealer could tell you. I made the mistake of going to one that wasn't certified and found nothing. Luckily I live near Flat Rock, MI where Mazda has some type of headquarters (inside AAI) and I had my dad talk to someone to find out the part numbers.

Comment

Working...
            X