Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap cluster

Hello,

I would like know if a cluster ES Gt or P5 cluster can be fit on 99 protege sedan dx without tach?

I know some people swap lx(canadian version with tach) 99-00 cluster swap to ES GT or P5 and work well

I tink all harness should are and if it the same harness from car with tach and without sould are bolt on swap cluster.

If any body have the cluster wiring diagram for sedan without tach.

can you give me and I can compare the cluster wiring from without and with tach.

thank

seb

I have the same question. There is a 2000 LX cluster on E-Bay right now for $20.00 bucks. My poor 2002 DX is tach-less. I know the '00 gauges were black, not white, but I don't care about that. But since they are different years and motors, I got a bad feeling about this. Any takers?
    2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
    I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

You may get more response under car audio section. Personally, I don't know because I have a 2001 model.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

I don't know about a 99 model, but I did swap my 2003 p5 cluster with the tach for a 2002 protege without the tach and every thing hooked up and worked perfectly.
        [

Comment

I am in the process of doing this swap right now. I would have finished but the car got wrecked first. The cluster will work but you won't get a signal from the tach yet. When you look at the wiring harness on the far right you will notice there is a line of holes. All the holes have a wire hooked up except for one. The one that doesn't is your tach signal. Just solder in a 22g wire and connect it to the tach signal wire from the main set of wires. I am having Ben look up for me which wire to splice into. I will update you guys when I figure out.

Comment

sweet greg, thast the info I need exactly.
            Visit My Garage

Comment

I'll update everyone with the specific wire when I get the info. I am in no real hurry and Ben may never get back on the computer after he is boosted.

Comment

The only problem with switching the clusters is the mileage. The mileage is stored in the cluster so you have to find one with the mileage on your car. The only way you can change the mileage is to bring it to the dealership.
                2000 DX, Blue
                Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Yeah, I got lucky and got a cluster within a 1000 miles of my original one.

Comment

Working...
                  X