Question about Installing Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Installing Gauges

I bought these reverse glow gauges and am having a bit of difficulty on getting them installed. I have checked the "How-To's" and still didn't get any answers. Here's the deal..... Got the cluster out and all that good stuff and we got the gauge to go on ok its the the cord that gets in the way and sits on top of the other gauge? Here's a picture to give you a better idea. The cord covers up the 20 on the mph gauge. Any help right now would be wonderful because we are installing them as we speak! Muahahahha! Fun Fun! Help Help!
    Attached Files
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

that cord needs to be tucked under the speedo guage.

Comment

What brand are those?! The wires on mine were on the top, where it's supposed to be.

I'd like to know what they were thinking when they designed that.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
        What brand are those?! The wires on mine were on the top, where it's supposed to be.

I'd like to know what they were thinking when they designed that.

ditto Clint

WTF kind of **** is that??? Please post where you got them so people can avoid that BS. At least you didn't break the needles
        Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

I installed those exact gauges. If you install them in the right order (which I didnt do), it would make it a lot easier but all you have to do is pull up the spedometer one and tuck it under

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
            What brand are those?!
            They are just the non-reverse glow ones. I am sitting here looking at both the different kinds.

Comment

That's weird, my old full indiglo ones didn't have wires out the sides like that.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Just noticed something. She is going to be pissed when she turns them on for the first time and notices they aren't the reverse glow ones.

Comment

Uh-oh...

So, MazdaChic, how did the install go???
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Hey guys everything went fine...but they need to learn to put the wires up at the top instead of in the way stupid morans! I got them off of e-bay! They look great, no needles broken and they are what i wanted. i'm not pissed greg! he he! Thanks for your answers and help! I always know who to count on! Peace!
                    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Too bad you didn't see my for sale thread. I would have cut you one hell of a deal on those. I've got a set laying around the house that I ordered by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                        Too bad you didn't see my for sale thread. I would have cut you one hell of a deal on those. I've got a set laying around the house that I ordered by mistake.
                        the ones she got are reverse glow gauges ... dont u got the ones tha are full indiglo
                        boost happy

Comment

I really don't think they are the reverse ones. They are white and not silver.

Comment

I'm about to install mine, just wanted to make sure that I am supposed to be wiring into the green/black wire in teh farthest right largest harness :D

Also, I cant decide where to put teh damn control at .
                            Visit My Garage

Comment

I didn't even waste my time mounting the switch. All it does is change from blue to green, and I kept it on blue all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X