carpet cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carpet cleaning

okay, so yesterday my baby got a full cleaning. I'm talking vacumm from end to end, windows done inside and out, armor all everything that could be. I even scrubbed off my floor mats.
    The only thing is stupid salt stains on my floor carpeting. What do you guys yuse to get the dirt and salt stains out of your car floor?
    Visit My Garage

shaving cream... don't laugh it actually works. it's gotta be the cream not the gel. just spray a little on, rub it in, and and wipe it with a wet cloth. smells good when your done too.

Comment

i pressure washed the passenger and drivers side floor mats. they were really dirty. after that they looked like they were brand new.

Comment

hm, i cleaned off my front driver's side carpet tonight with a old pair of boxers, some water, and a lot of elbow grease. it seemed to work pretty good, though.

pressure-wash, eh. that's.... a good idea...

Comment

i'm a lazy bastard.. i'm just gonna bring it in to get shampoo'd.. i haven't properly cleaned the interior since.. um.. this time last year?

my carpets are covered in salt all the way up to the dash... it's sick.
          that's another thing i gotta do prior to Kent... damn it all!

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by moridin
            hm, i cleaned off my front driver's side carpet tonight with a old pair of boxers, some water, and a lot of elbow grease. it seemed to work pretty good, though.

pressure-wash, eh. that's.... a good idea...
            yeah it works real good. i saw the clips on the wall at the do it yourself car wash and tried it out. i couldnt belive all the dirt that came out... i probably need to do it again, they look brand new not dingy or dirty and no spots.

Comment

ive got a carpet steamer with a hand attachment that i use on my seats and carpet. it works awesome, especially since ive got 2 dogs. just as long as you let it air out afterwards so it doesnt get all damp and stinky.
              2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Blah something else to add to my Spring Cleaning list........pressure wash i bet that was fun...i guess i'll end up shampooing! Woohoo!
                "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I used an aerosol can of resolve. Worked well.... but I might have to try the pressure wash... sounds so much easier.... just can't do that in the winter or you will have stinky mats. Gotta hang dry em I am guessing. PS sorry to bring back an old thread.

Comment

I used the pressure wash method earlier today. My dumbass dropped a vanilla milkshake on my black mp3 floormats. But they are looking damn good now. Dried alot faster than I thought too.

Comment

Prestone Carpet Cleaner works well along w/ some high pressure water.
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

My carpets could use a good shampooing... but first I gotta worry about all the broken glass.... damn lazy thieves.....
                        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by sam1
                          ive got a carpet steamer with a hand attachment that i use on my seats and carpet. it works awesome, especially since ive got 2 dogs. just as long as you let it air out afterwards so it doesnt get all damp and stinky.
                          I'd recommend going to the rental places and getting a professional steam cleaner. They aren't too much to rent. I've used these in the house, and they work very nicely. The machines themselves are very expsensive if you were to buy them, not the kind you usually buy for your house. Just be sure to get the upholstery attachment.
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                          X