Headlights and Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights and Taillights

Pardon the newbie questions friends, but I have read the FAQ and I am considering clearing my corners on my 03, but I haven't seen any pictures of how it will look with my style (black rim) headlights. I am also considering getting a set of the APC next generation (red lense style) eurotails. If anyone has any pictures, or perhaps a link to see some pics of them installed I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
    2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Proto2k has those taillights

and the clearcorners with black cased headlights will look funky, unless u paint the corner casing
    2002 Protege LX
    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

Comment

Hey i have a Protege 5 2003, the rear turn light blub is yellow, i want to change it to red, the only thing is its not a standard bulb, like the ones in the front. Any one know where something like that could be found??

Comment

whats the size/model number of the bulb. you could prolly try looking up a red one in the same size/model
          womp

Comment

It is a standard bulb just not a standard 1157 bulb like the front turn signals. The bulb size is usually marked on the bulb connector, but not always. If I wasn't at work I would take out my tails and look at the bulbs and tell you if they are marked.
            Eric Johnson
            Intense Performance
            Mazda Club of South Florida
            http://www.ipmcsfl.com
            Former President/Webmaster
            Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
            - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
            - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
            - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
            - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
            Current project: None...

Comment

Ive taken those rear lights out and there a bit of a waste of time, i mean to change the blub you have to take everything out. Thats one thing im not to happy about. I want to change the rear to red cuz it would give it a clean look, so im thinking. Another question where could i get the bumper coners in clear lens? get back and let me know.

Comment

I found all the various bulb sizes for a 2002 Protege5 on Sylvania's website. Here they are.

Headlamp low beam - H7
                Headlamp high beam - 9005
                Parking light/front turn signal - 1157A
                Tail light - 7443
                Stop light - 7443
                Fog/driving light - H3-55W
                License plate - 3652
                Back up light - 921
                Front sidemarker - 194/168
                Map light - 194/168
                Dome light - DE3175
                Trunk/cargo area - DE3022

P.S. - Superbrightleds.com sells the 7443 size bulbs in red if you want to have nice bright red LEDs blinding people behind you.
                Eric Johnson
                Intense Performance
                Mazda Club of South Florida
                http://www.ipmcsfl.com
                Former President/Webmaster
                Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
                - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
                - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
                - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
                - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
                Current project: None...

Comment

Well, im gonna assume the Tailight 7443 is the rear signal. so you would want 7443 reb bulbs... like this..

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

i also found some LED ones if ur looking for that. just search "7443 red" on ebay

hope this helps ;]
                  womp

Comment

The only thing with putting leds in the turn signal is that your going to have to put a limiter or whatever the hell you call it b/c it's going to blink really fast. You could just do like I did and put chrome bulbs in it then you would not be able to see the red or the yellow.
                    Attached Files
                    [

Comment

this past week i put in titanium silver bulbs which cleaned up the rear nicely. it's coated with silver so it blends nicely with the tail assembly and does light up amber when blinking
                      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Originally posted by customprotege
                        You could just do like I did and put chrome bulbs in it then you would not be able to see the red or the yellow.

sorry, I'm a bit slow this morning - customprotege's pic is what I'm talking about too. FYI - on my 99 lx sedan I had to scrape off one the nobs on the side of the bulb to get it to fit.

Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

All of my bulbs fit great. The only thing I had to do to the taillight was cut the passenger side turn signal hole a little bit b/c the hole was cut the wrong way. It was cut for the drivers side. I little work with the dremel tool took care of that though.
                          [

Comment

Thanks for all the advise everyone, but i dont have after market tail unit, i like the stock ones, i just wanted to change the bulb to red. I will try on ebay, the only thing with the site you told me about protegeDX, they only ship to the US, im in Canada, so it wouldnt work to well. thanks though.
                            Monkey
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Monkey; 04-11-2004, 11:12 AM.

Comment

try emailing them to see if they would ship it to canada.. heres one of the many car accessories sites that carry the red 7443 bulbs

womp

Comment

Working...
                              X