Can't drive for **** !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't drive for **** !!!

yesterday me and 2 of my friends drove 2 hrs and 30 mins to the racetrack to see our time. Anyhow they were having an import carshow and import race ( i dont know y domestic trucks and cars r in there) anyways we got there at 8 am and left at 7 pm. I was only able to run my car twice bcuz too many cars and 2 accidents on the track.

I ran my car 16.2 at a 1/4 mile w/ a stripped interior and falken azenis. I know i could've done way better but at the light i thought i was gonna have a nervous breakdown. o well wut can i say its been 4 years since the last time i went there. on my second ran (after 3 hrs of waiting under the sun) i ran 16.0 @ 87 mph. on both of my races i ran the red light. i launched too early. launched on the 2nd yellow light cuz thats where i use to lauch on my civic ex but my 323 is very different this 323 takes off hella hard on first especially witht he tires that i have.

There isn't anything wrong w/ the car except for my stock clutch ( a lil slip here n there) I know for sure my car can hit high 15's or even mid 15's it was me that needs to get use to the light. Anyhow If u guys remember i raced my friends gsr about 5-7 times already and he can only beat me by a car length ( on his back bumper) and my firend is hitting 14.9 and im hitting 16.0 how can we be 1 sec away from each other? i know its my lauch thats messing me up. the car grips so good that it gives me a red light ( foul).

im going to a different track where i can tune n test it maybe next month at infeneon raceway. hopefully this time i can get a better reaction time cuz i suck !!!

ooops....thx!

Comment

What did you remove from the interior?
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

back seat, passenger sure, cargo cover, jack, spare tire, tool bag, cd changer.
        all this weigh 70 lbs. the tire and tool bag already weigh 38lbs. and the back seat is like 20 lbs.

Comment

The frigin back seat is 20 lbs bro... are you for real.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

isnt the back seat made of foam?? I think mine weighs like 8 lbs. LOL.
            Eat ****.

Comment

no im serious my guesstimate is about 20lbs and it works as a strut bar on the 323's . And im talking about the back seat were u rest ur back not the one u sit on. ****s got metal on the back that made it heavy but the one u sit on weighs about 2 lbs.

Comment

c'mon guys, cut him some slack .... LOL

I read it as he was talking about the whole back seat, bottom cushin and seat backs...although even all that is maybe 15-16lbs when wet.

now, there is a, latch mechanism in each seatback, lock mechanism in each seatback, hard thick plastic backing on each seatback, metal hinges on each seatback ...

Comment

Nice times though. Azenis are good tires though, so you should have good 60' times. Keep at it, you should totally be in the 15s next time out.

Don't be suprised by how much he took out of interior, I took 150 lbs out of my back.

Comment

yeah i should be atleast 15.7....i seen this protege LX bone stock at the same track last year running 16.0 and i have it on my video. I went up to him and ask him wut else he got he told me nothing he wanted to time his car but he's not into racing he came w/ friends and he got bored so he run his car. damn 16.0 on a stock lx...

my wheel combo is so heavy and it grips hella good that is made my clutch slips and my tranny to have a hard time turning that wheel. 39lbs for hte damw wheel/tire.

iknow have 14" miata rims w/ azenis and in 10-14 days i will be getting my centerforce clutch with this hopefully i can hit mid 15's....

Comment

Azeni's arent that great for drag tho, they don't have much sidewall flex.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                        Azeni's arent that great for drag tho, they don't have much sidewall flex.
                        They're better than most tires. My friend in the TO Protege club has the exact same 93 GT as mine. He got 2.3 second 60' times, compared to my 2.45, although he ran 16.9. He had 195/60/14 Azenis.

Obviously, a good drag tire like Nittos or BF Goodrich G-Force drags will drop 60' times down to 2.1 or 2.2. And every second you drop off your 60' time, drops 1.5 seconds off your et. So hopefully, just with drag tires, I can drop .3 or .4 seconds off my time. It'll fry my clutch real quick though

Comment

Eh...so my clutch was slipping like mad. I lowered front tire pressures to like 23-ish psi. hahaha.
                          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

What did I told you about the Centerforce Clutch dude?

Didn't I tell you the clutch starts to slip after a few months, there it is... Not even three months and that suka is allready giving up!

Don't be sayin "Nobody told me, I did not know", >>NOW YOU KNOW!

ACT or ClutchNet, four spoke disc thats all you need with the springs.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF
                              What did I told you about the Centerforce Clutch dude?

Didn't I tell you the clutch starts to slip after a few months, there it is... Not even three months and that suka is allready giving up!

Don't be sayin "Nobody told me, I did not know", >>NOW YOU KNOW!

ACT or ClutchNet, four spoke disc thats all you need with the springs.
                              WTF!!!dawg! did u read all the posts? did u check out the date this thread was posted? I prolly don't even know u when i posted this thread up.

My clutch (centerforce) is doing great. It grips like a mofo!
                              I know its nice to check out old threads but please read the dates b4 posting. THX! (u brang out most of my old threads WTF)

Comment

Working...
                              X