Body Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Kits

Hello all. I was sent to this forum from MOCC to look for answers, and find more Protege owners, which there looks to be plenty of. I'm new to the whole mod scene, and most of my friends aren't into car modding. I'm 30 years old, so despite having a few younger modder friends, I don't really hang out with them much, and none of them owns a Protege.

So, my question for today is this: What body kits are available for a 1st-gen Protege? Are there any bumpers/side plastic that can be bolted or mounted on so they look good, even if some cutting or mounting brackets are needed? I saw a site where an EVO front bumper cover was mounted, but it required the removal of the crashbar. I'd prefer to keep that.

I'm not looking to make a racecar. I don't plan to drag or anything. I basically want a car that looks good, sounds good, goes fast (but not a record-breaker), and gets attention of the positive kind (black smoke pouring out the exhaust gets negative attention, trust me on this). So, any tips you guys can offer or info or whatever, would be helpful. I already replaced the exhaust and am in the process of replacing the intake. I haven't done the header yet but I'm waiting til after I get the cold air intake in place.

Thanks in advance. I'll keep reading the forum posts, but there's a lot of them, so if there are answers to any of my questions and I haven't found them, a link would be helpful.
    I don't need a new car- this one still runs.

Mods to date (5.22.04): CAI, MSD Blaster SS coil, APC cone filter, 2" exhaust from manifold back, 3A Racing performance muffler w/7" tip, dashboard graphics, new gas tank (painted red).

Up Next: body kit, wing, paint, interior, sound system, short shifter

Future: engine swap, NOS

Hi and welcome to the club. I know you are new here, but please try to post in the right section of the forum. I moved the thread for you.

There's currently a body kit group buy for the 1st gen Protege. Body kits for this car are rare and this might be a good option for you. Here's the thread with all the info:

-------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

damn you and your clear corners!

Comment

Apologizing

Sorry, may take me a couple days/weeks to get my bearings. I'm not exactly a frequenter of any forum, or at least I wasn't, until recently. And I've often found forums to be intimidating and confusing, with hostile posters and little room for people looking for answers or answering questions. Anyway, I'll keep reading around. I'm afraid I'm unable to spend $750 on a body kit atm, but I'm still looking for options.

I'm just a boy with a toy and a need to spend time away from the chaos that lives in my home.
        I don't need a new car- this one still runs.

Mods to date (5.22.04): CAI, MSD Blaster SS coil, APC cone filter, 2" exhaust from manifold back, 3A Racing performance muffler w/7" tip, dashboard graphics, new gas tank (painted red).

Up Next: body kit, wing, paint, interior, sound system, short shifter

Future: engine swap, NOS

Comment

thats acctually the cheapest u'll pay for a body kit for a protege. unfortunatly there are not many choices for 1st gen bodykit. but u can also try corksport pakfeifer and theres one other one i know of (cant think of name) but just a front alone is around 350+shipping and then the back is another 350+shipping then the sides are like 150-200+shipping
          i is dumb

Comment

Working...
          X