Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will valve cover from Miata work on Protege?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will valve cover from Miata work on Protege?

I asked this question a while ago and almost forgot about it. Will the 1.8l valve cover from da miata fit on da protege motor? I know its the same motor but it is position ed differently so it may have diffferent places for the plugs. I'm just wondering because I plan on buying alot of stuff over the next couple of months. I'm going to buy the 1.8l in.... 4 days? I'm also going to get a Cold Air intake in the next week weeks. And I will get da Miata Camshaft and maybe pistons! From their on, i'll add super fuel injectors, finally get marcio to install da MSD ignition i still have, and da intake manifold and throttle body from ES. After a good port and polish job with a 3 angle valve job! Well.. back to my original question. If anyone knows bout the valve cover let me know
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Originally posted by Torped0
    I asked this question a while ago and almost forgot about it. Will the 1.8l valve cover from da miata fit on da protege motor? I know its the same motor but it is position ed differently so it may have diffferent places for the plugs. I'm just wondering because I plan on buying alot of stuff over the next couple of months. I'm going to buy the 1.8l in.... 4 days? I'm also going to get a Cold Air intake in the next week weeks. And I will get da Miata Camshaft and maybe pistons! From their on, i'll add super fuel injectors, finally get marcio to install da MSD ignition i still have, and da intake manifold and throttle body from ES. After a good port and polish job with a 3 angle valve job! Well.. back to my original question. If anyone knows bout the valve cover let me know
    I don't know if you realize this or not, but it takes only a fraction of a second longer to actually type out the word "the" instead of "da". Plus, it makes you appear much more intelligent by using the proper words, imagine that.

Anyway, the 1.8L Miata Valve cover will bolt to the BP head found in the Protege. However, I couldn't tell you if the plastic covers on the front (timing belt area) will mate up. You may have to exchange those as well.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

If I were to do it again, I would get the 1st gen cover.
      Only because you can remove the timing belt portion without interrupting the vavle cover gasket.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by kcbhiw
        I don't know if you realize this or not, but it takes only a fraction of a second longer to actually type out the word "the" instead of "da". Plus, it makes you appear much more intelligent by using the proper words, imagine that.

Anyway, the 1.8L Miata Valve cover will bolt to the BP head found in the Protege. However, I couldn't tell you if the plastic covers on the front (timing belt area) will mate up. You may have to exchange those as well.

God you stole the words right out of my mouth man lol

Comment

Hrm... a fraction of a second is a long time. If i wanted to seem more intelligent, then I would be in class at the moment. I'm online on my computer.. so that means I do what i like and being lazy and typing "da" is what I rather do instead of typing the.

Comment

I don't see what the damn problem is. I don't try and correct people at what they say.Why should yall? If yall want to "flame" me then I guess you can do so. Just because you may not like the way I talk doesn't mean you should insult them.

Comment

stay on topic...

enough bs arguing.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

aite bro

Comment

alrigth guys you wanted to see what a miata valve cover would look like on a BP head. well here it is on my bpt. =) powder-coated gunmetal with a custom polished sparkplug cover
                  Attached Files
                  Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                  FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                  Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

OUCH.. wanna make me one? LOL That is so hot man... I need something like that.. But i have no experience with custom building anything or painting so I'm **** outta luck. I like and how much was the total cost of supplies?

Comment

OUCH.. wanna make me one? LOL That is so hot man... I need something like that.. But i have no experience with custom building anything or painting so I'm **** outta luck. I like and how much was the total cost of supplies?

i had the work done for me.

I can't remember how much I picked up the miata valve cover for, but powder coating was 60$ and the spark plug cover was $45.

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

ya but the breather is right there in front of the exh manifold lol. well I like the stock bpt valve cover.
                        00 dakota 4x4
                        90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Did a Machine Shop Do it for yOU? If so, i'm going to see if i can find someone to do that as well.. cause th spark plug cover is hot and so is the valve cover itself

Comment

Did a Machine Shop Do it for yOU? If so, i'm going to see if i can find someone to do that as well.. cause th spark plug cover is hot and so is the valve cover itself

PM me i'll get you all the info you need. =)

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

I would interested in the information, too

Comment

Working...
                              X